Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Newbie -How bids work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westholmedog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Newbie -How bids work Reply with quote

HI I am a newbie, I saw earlier that I can put in a bid 3 seconds before deadline. My question is if someone has a higher reserve (not yet shown) will my max bid get placed? Embarassed Embarassed
But if the other top bidder has only a few cents higher to go my automatic bid thru GIXEN will only go high enough to cover it?? Assumi9ng this is during the last 3 seconds! Razz
Tx
Westholmedog
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very common question, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't already covered on the FAQ page, but perhaps not ?

The way Ebay works, no matter what you bid you only ever pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest accepted bid.

This is why Gixen inputs the bid you ask it to, at the time you ask it to, without any worries that the item will go for less than you are prepared to pay, to a different bidder, or that you will pay any more than you need to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.