Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ebay gixen button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlkuzara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: ebay gixen button Reply with quote

I have two computers in different states that I use on ebay. The ebay gixen button showed up on the FL computer and I use it, but it does not show up the TN computer. It must have something to do with the IP address. How can I add the ebay gixen button to my other (TN) computer?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not likely to be due to differences in location, it's far more likely to be due to a difference in the installation.

If I were you, I'd continue looking for differences between the two computers, perhaps different versions of the Firefox browser is a place to start checking ?
dlkuzara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: ebay gixen button Reply with quote

I am using Google chrome. I can't check the version since I can't be in both places at once, but not sure why a browser would cause the issue. I think it has more to do with ebay than anything else, but there is no option on my ebay account for gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ebay gixen button Reply with quote

dlkuzara wrote:
I think it has more to do with ebay than anything else, but there is no option on my ebay account for gixen.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, sorry. I have assumed we are talking about the Autosnipe software since you spoke about 'Gixen buttons on Ebay', but perhaps I was wrong ?

If you can elaborate more on what you think your problem is and what's causing it maybe Keith, the developer of Autosnipe, might be able to glean something from what you are saying in order to be able to point you in the right direction.

You might not be able to check versions at exactly the same time due to the different locations but you can do so when you travel between those locations by making some notes before you go.

Browsers are by far the most common cause of problems with Autosnipe, since that is the environment in which it operates.

None the less your best work is always going to be on the computer where it doesn't work... you know it's possible for it to work, and it's not about where the computer is located, (if it were you could just bring the non working computer to the same place where your working computer is and it would work... I can assure you that would not be the case.). You are welcome to try to prove me wrong on that, of course, and if you were able to do so it would start a whole new area for research, but until then I'd focus on other more productive ways to fix this, if I were you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ebay gixen button

dlkuzara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: ebay gixen button (clarification) Reply with quote

To be specific. In the old days one had to cut and paste the ebay item number into the snipe program. Now, on my Florida computer, when I open an ebay auction there is a gixen button that allows me to add that auction onto my snipe program without the cut and paste operation. It magically appeared one day on the ebay auction screens (not sure when) and has been there ever since. Not so on my Tennessee computer. What I want to know is how to get the gixen button to appear on an ebay auction on the TN computer. Since it appeared automatically on the FL computer, I don't have a clue to how to do this.
dlkuzara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: ebay, gixen, IP addresses and cookies Reply with quote

It is obvious that most websites look at the IP address so they can direct you to their nearest store or the like. In practice that doesn't work very well because the service provider of the IP address may be a hundred miles away and that is where the physical address is. I see that all the time with places like Home Depot. The only one that could be looking at my IP address is Ebay and my IP address in TN is different than the IP address in FL. I suspect there is a link between ebay, gixen and the IP address or maybe a cookie.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't just magically appear, you must install the Autosnipe extension first, and you must have done so for the computer where you have the buttons, or someone else did it for you, perhaps you forgot doing it ?

For chrome that is detailed here.

You will need to do that on the computer where you don't have the Gixen buttons on the Ebay pages.

As I've said before, it has nothing to do with location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.