Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Supposed Gixen Main and Mirror expiry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZA 2600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Supposed Gixen Main and Mirror expiry Reply with quote

Item No 303028050497 . Who knows if this is going to list it .
Never done this before , so , Gixen advises that my subscription expires on the
2nd February 2019 , but locks me out now .
In August 2018 Gixen asks to renew subscription as capital is required , and that this will be instated on your account .
I paid the subs on the 20th August 2018 , 2 Yrs $11.00 USD , so I'm a bit peeved that this should happen .
It would be great if this can be sorted asap
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry this isn't making a lot of sense to me.

Please can you tell us exactly what the status was of the snipe that failed ?

Expiry of a Mirror subscription doesn't stop snipes being submitted in any case it just removes the backup support of the Mirror server, the Main server never expires as you suggest, it just takes longer for you to be able to log in to schedule things on it if you don't have a a Mirror subscription. A Mirror subscription certainly doesn't expire early either.

Is this perhaps to do with expiry of your authorisation from Ebay for Gixen to submit bids on your behalf which has been a common theme to recent threads ? If so, that is entirely separate from your Mirror subscription, it is just something that requires updating by you (at no cost) at least once every 18 months.

Unfortunately the explanation you've given doesn't really match up to any reality that I am able to contemplate at this stage so a bit more explanation is required before we are going to be able to track this one down.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mark said you need to be more clear. A lot of people of late are confusing a paid subscription for the gixen mirror service with their eBay token that authorizes gixen to work with eBay. These are two very different things.

Your gixen mirror service expiring won't stop gixen from working - but you do lose the benefit of the mirror service.

But if the authorization for gixen to work with eBay expires that's a fatal situation. Log in to gixen, click on settings, and check the authorization status for gixen to work with eBay. If it indicates it's expired just click on the option to renew it - no charge.

Rick
Bazza2600

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: expired ebay authorization Reply with quote

Thanks Rick for explanation .
I had no idea what I was required to do re-instate .
I knew I was financial , but Mirror was disabled .
Yes , I could have used main , but that wasn't the issue .
The advice given on the site at the time could be a little more user friendly
so that you can interpret what the issue is .
I don't profess to be a wizard , I need simple instruction , so that I don't put my spin on what I think it means .
Bazza
Now I'll see if I can navigate my way on your instructions , Don't laugh .
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: expired ebay authorization

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any problems renewing your ebay authorization (to emphasize: this does not cost anything), please email me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.