Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Renewal Warnings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandraBaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Renewal Warnings Reply with quote

When I logged into Gixen yesterday I got a red warning to say my subscription was about to expire or already had and something about being blocked ?
I did not think it had been 2 years since I last renewed, but I went ahead and did a recurring 1 year renewal.
However, I am still getting the same red warning over 24 hours later ?
I have checked that it was my account I renewed and not my husband's free account.
SandraBaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Renewal Warnings Reply with quote

OK solved it myself, it was not my Gixen subscription that was due it was mu eBay authorisation that needed renewing, I did not think it had been two years Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not 2 years, maximum token validity is 18 months, but recently I have seen eBay revoke many of them, probably for security reasons.
cryingshark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Volume locked by another application Error 0x12015 Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It's not 2 years, maximum token validity is 18 months, but recently I have seen eBay revoke many of them, probably for security reasons.

I have the same problem. How do I renew the token, at eBay? I searched eBay, and could not find where I do that.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Volume locked by another application Error 0x12015

SandraBaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, simples do it from Gixen.

Click on the settings button and look down the list until you see

eBay authorization token status:

and click on re-authorise

Job done Smile
SandraBaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Yes I know, like I said, I did not think it had been two years - since I last renewed my Gixen subscription and it wasn't, it was only 18 months and that was because it was not my Gixen subscription that needed renewing, it was my eBay Authorisation.
cheeko111

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: \"ebay authorization has expired\" message Reply with quote

I continue to get the "ebay authorization has expired" message even though I renewed it on the Gixen settings page.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account p***maniac expires on Tue, Jul 7, 2020.
Is there something else I need to do ?
Skminus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Ebay authorization expired Reply with quote

Me, too. I renewed authorization to July 7, 2020, but I still have the red warning message.
nosohoj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Settimgs button on Gixen? Reply with quote

I see NO settings button on Gixen` site? I too get the RED Message that I no longer can snipe ebay with Gixen as authorization is or will be cancelled in 10 Days. I signed up for the $6.00/Year Gixen subscription today 1/16/19EB5157 but I still get the Big RED no no message when I sign in to Gixen. Been around this same circle 2 or 3 times with same negative result? HELP PLEASE!
dambamboozles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Settimgs button on Gixen? Reply with quote

nosohoj wrote:
I see NO settings button on Gixen` site? I too get the RED Message that I no longer can snipe ebay with Gixen as authorization is or will be cancelled in 10 Days. I signed up for the $6.00/Year Gixen subscription today 1/16/19EB5157 but I still get the Big RED no no message when I sign in to Gixen. Been around this same circle 2 or 3 times with same negative result? HELP PLEASE!

Same issue here I dont have any "settings" button to click .... any ideas ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to log in first, then the Settings button is near the top of the page.

Please note this is not asking you to pay any more money, the authorisation required is free and can be done from the link provided below the payment options on the Settings page.

Ebay requires you to do this every 18 months because they have chosen to time out all authorisations after that time period has expired.

This allows Gixen to place the bids you ask it to on the Ebay site.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay authorization expired Reply with quote

Skminus wrote:
I still have the red warning message.

My first suggestion would be to log out from Gixen and log back in again... if you still get this message than I would check on the Settings page again as to when Gixen thinks your authorisation expires.

I have just renewed the authorisation on the account I use to check the functionality when there is no Mirror subscription... and have the same issue.. does your account also not have a Mirror subscription ?... I think Mario may need to take a look into that.
SandraBaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay authorization expired Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Skminus wrote:
I still have the red warning message.

My first suggestion would be to log out from Gixen and log back in again... if you still get this message than I would check on the Settings page again as to when Gixen thinks your authorisation expires.

I have just renewed the authorisation on the account I use to check the functionality when there is no Mirror subscription... and have the same issue.. does your account also not have a Mirror subscription ?... I think Mario may need to take a look into that.

I have one of each account and both worked fine for me once I realised what I was being asked to renew Smile
LARRYTOWN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: AUTHORIZATION FAILED OR EXPIRED Reply with quote

I see GIXEN has authorization listed in my ebay account settings under your ebay sign in name. You may have to check there to see what is the status concerning authorization permissions
larrytown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: gixen authorization third party Reply with quote

you may have to go to your site preferences in account settings and make sure that you see that GIXEN has third party authorization under mark V. You might have to select "Apply" even if you do not have to revoke authorization
larrytown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: renew ebay third party authorization Reply with quote

I tried it several times because i couldn't add any new snipes, but on the third time Gixen gave me the screen to reauthorize connection with ebay, so I guess that you have to keep trying or clear out your cookies and wait a while, now I can add more snipes.Now it works
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you managed to sort it out, I agree that sometimes a bit of persistence is key to these things. There are a few steps in the process and all need to be successful before the authorisation can be successfully completed, so it can be hard to pinpoint where the issue might be for any individual case.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of persistence, thanks for your persistence answering all these questions about renewing eBay's authorization for Gixen, Mark!

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always concerns me when there appears to be a deficit of understanding John... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.