Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

5 Year Multi Account Subscription

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newuser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: 5 Year Multi Account Subscription Reply with quote

I am a new user and I am still in the testing stage. I am simultaneously testing 2 other online auction bidding services. If I choose Gixen I would like to take advantage of the maximum discount. I see that there is a discount for recurring payments which is something I am not willing to do. However I would be interested in a one time payment for a longer subscription period of say 5 or 6 years if reasonably discounted. I also have multiple ebay accounts for several reasons, the main one being I do not sell anything on the same account I bought it through. People could figure out my source and see what I paid if I didn't wait long enough. Therefore it would be good to have a subscription that covered multiple accounts, lets say 3 at a time and those accounts would have to be able to be accessed through any computer.
newuser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: 5 Year Subscription Reply with quote

I am very disappointed that it seems no one has liked my idea for a 5 year subscription. I see a lot of rightly bemoaning the fact that a lot of people use this service without donating. Here I am new to this service and I am willing to pay for a subscription so why wouldn't anyone want to accommodate me and others like me? I will remind everyone there are other free services out there to choose from, 2 others which I won't mention the names of out of respect for Gixen I am testing at the same time. I do not like any of the donation options you have now! I will NOT put my credit card on recurring payments. Instead I would like to maximize my discount with a longer subscription period. I would be happy to pay around $25 for 5 years. What is wrong with that?

The other issue which may be the stumbling block in some peoples minds is multiple accounts. I am not willing to pay for a subscription for each one of my ebay accounts. If I did, I would be broke! You need to allow people to use their subscription on multiple accounts, but set a limited number. I think it would be reasonable to apply a subscription to any 3 accounts at any one time. People aren't going to be sharing subscriptions if they don't live in the same household and even if there is sharing within a household that is a start and better than nothing. You aren't going to be loosing any money by allowing 3 accounts on a subscription, only making more money than ever.

If people aren't open to ideas like this, Gixen has missed an opportunity and will continue to struggle to make it. And that isn't good for anyone! If you like these ideas please chime in, so change may come about.
cattkitt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Paying for a 5 year subscription Reply with quote

I also love the idea of a 5 year subscription.
I hated the reminders that popped up as I neared the end of a yearly subscription - it was like being told off, but I'd paid!

I don't like the idea of a recurring subscription as I can't guarantee I can keep track of what's going on in a PayPal account, whereas a one off payment suits me fine.

I don't seek a massive discount, so the cost of a recurring subscription x 5 is fine by me.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Paying for a 5 year subscription Reply with quote

cattkitt wrote:
the cost of a recurring subscription x 5 is fine by me.

I believe this is already possible in so much as all payments made contribute to extending your Mirror subscription.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Paying for a 5 year subscription

cattkitt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Paying for a 5 year subscription Reply with quote

Thank you, but I can't see it?

There are two non-recurring options of $8 and $14, but I don't see a non-recurring option of $30(or any way of using the $8 and $14 that result in $6 a year for five years)
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once logged in, at the bottom of the page there is a:

Quote:
Click here to extend your mirror membership or find more payment options on the settings page.

option that you can use repeatedly.

You do only get the discount rate if you opt for recurring payments now though.
newuser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: 4 Year Non-recurring Subscription Reply with quote

There seems to be reluctance to have a 5 year subscription. How about setting up a 4 year subscription for $24 that is non-recurring? The key word is non-recurring, as I am not willing to have my credit card charged after 4 years for a payment I forgot about, to a service I may no longer have the need of. More flexible payment options, equals more money coming in Exclamation
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can cancel any recurring payments any time you like at your PayPal account. Please don't abuse the option just for the sake of getting a small discount on our gixen mirror service, but once you set up any recurring payment on PayPal it's not as if it's irrevocable.

Rick
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may change very soon, and cancelled paypal subscription may result in lost mirror subscription (for recurring mirror subscriptions). So I wouldn't count on this. Gixen gets a notification of this from paypal, it's just that I decided not to act on it (yet).
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek! Sorry I brought it up! Embarassed

Rick

In all seriousness, you will get notice by email about 7 to 14 days before a PayPal recurring payment is going to happen. It's not as if folks won't be made aware of it - if they check their email on a regular basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.