Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe groups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a776

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Snipe groups Reply with quote

So I have my eye on a couple items on eBay but I just want one of them (they are all pretty similar).

From what I understood, as long as the auctions are more than 2 min apart from each other, I can place all snipes on a group and after one of them is won the remaining won't be executed, is this right?

Also, why do snipes deleted 2 min before the auction ends might still be executed?

Also, also, can I manual bid on the item that is less than 2 min apart while gixen bids on the others?

(Sorry for my broken English, I'm not a native speaker)
Autosnipe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are correct once an auction is won the rest of the bid group is cancelled.

The 2min thing is so you don't end up winning more than one item hence the two minute, to ensure there are not pending snipes

I don't know what happens if manually bid assume if it's in your snipe list will cancel if won as will just bid according to the offset if the snipe

I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me

Keith
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitting a snipe takes some time, and it takes time to cancel snipes in-flight. Hence 2 minutes. With the latest changes I could possibly reduce that, but some interval will always be needed. E.g. it takes 10-15 seconds after auction ends to check user hasn't been outsniped.

Gixen will only know that an auction has been won only if it wins it itself. So if you have snipes in a group - do not bid manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.