Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Intermittent problems in the main facility (NETWORK ERROR)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Intermittent problems in the main facility (NETWORK ERROR) Reply with quote

The facility in which Gixen main server is located is experiencing intermittent problems that cause some snipes to fail with "NETWORK ERROR" message.

The ISP is working to fix this problem. Due to this you may also experience slowness in the forum, as forum database is in the same facility.

Gixen Mirror server is not affected by this.
trickeone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very frustrating, been waiting for an item for the last 5 days, Network Error, and I miss out!
Grrrrr
mojotron17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: snipe failed despite mirror service Reply with quote

I have paid for mirror service but snipe still failed due to network error...please explain?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trickeone,

Was this snipe Mirrored, if so what was the status on the Mirror tab ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojotron17, please email me the item number, or post here if not confidential. Mirror worked fine during this time, the only thing that comes to my mind is that it was a group snipe - group snipes are not copied over to mirror.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an update from the collocation facility:

After some investigation by the uplink provider, they determined that unusually high traffic patterns on our connection was triggering an automatic shut down of the uplink port. This caused intermittent outages and slowdowns for our customers. We had to coordinate with the provider to determine the source of the traffic and limit it. Steps are being taken to eliminate any future occurrence.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Improvements are being made to this location to improve availability, bandwidth and monitoring.

I have never seen something like this happen before. Another example that one cannot count on a single server to work 100% of the time.
mojotron17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for quick replies, it does say outbid on mirror tab, sorry for not understanding Embarassed have never seen this network error thing before...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's expected behaviour, and good to hear mirror submitted your bid, despite being outbid. This is exactly the kind of situation because of which Mirror exists.
trickeone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
trickeone,

Was this snipe Mirrored, if so what was the status on the Mirror tab ?

Unfortunately, I have to use groups to make sure I don't end up with more than one winning bids. It would be great if these could be mirrored when there is a failure
donglejack83

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents: I was network analyst in the past, and trust me, no network proves to be 100% reliable, even the ones using Cisco devices Wink

To name few: power outage due to failure of UPS, crashed routing protocol, flooding of routing tables, a moron that forgets to save a config and reloads the device and so on ... All these can make simple snips fails - and it still surprises me that these issues are quite rare (but do eventually happens).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: BIG FAIL Reply with quote

This was first time I wanted to try GIXEN, I put my bid to 290 and winning price was 283, but I get NETWORK ERROR.

This is not the way what I want to go in the future...

Can not recommend GIXEN - BIG FAIL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: BIG FAIL Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
This was first time I wanted to try GIXEN, I put my bid to 290 and winning price was 283, but I get NETWORK ERROR.

This is not the way what I want to go in the future...

Can not recommend GIXEN - BIG FAIL

Let me get this straight...Gixen asks if you want to pay a tiny fee to mirror your snipes in case of an UNCONTROLLABLE, THIRD-PARTY network issue, you say no, then you get mad when there's a network issue and your snipe doesn't fire?

LOL

Awesome service, happy Mirror subscriber here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.