Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

item didnt win even though I had winning bid amount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddk1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: item didnt win even though I had winning bid amount Reply with quote

I set my auction offset to 1, placed a high bid of $185, auction ended with a winning amount of $117 to another bidder, why didn't my bid take. I have only u bid on 2 other items this whole year

ebay bidder elvis18
auction number 283169199362
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you added that item, a big warning in red letters was printed about using offset 1 or offset 2. With offset 1 especially there is a big chance your bid will be late. And there was no rational reason to use it.

The option of offset 1 is available (with warning) because users asked for it, not because I recommend it. In fact, I strongly recommend against using it.
kiddk1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: item didnt win even though I had winning bid amount Reply with quote

mario wrote:
When you added that item, a big warning in red letters was printed about using offset 1 or offset 2. With offset 1 especially there is a big chance your bid will be late. And there was no rational reason to use it.

The option of offset 1 is available (with warning) because users asked for it, not because I recommend it. In fact, I strongly recommend against using it.

Sorry,NO RED message for me, the only message I received was to enter a captcha to verify, had I seen the message for offset I would have changed it. If you strongly recommend against it, then remove it as it seems to fail more than assist.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only Captchas on this forum, not when setting up snipes.

As Mario said the option is available because so many asked for it, none of the regulars here recommend using anything below 3. If it were removed however there would no doubt be an outcry, followed by requests for its re-introduction, on this Mario is in a no win situation, ironic really given the outcome of your use of it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.