Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

paid for snipes, and no history of sniping-using jbidwatche

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajnabi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: paid for snipes, and no history of sniping-using jbidwatche Reply with quote

I have been subscribed as a mirror user since 2017-11-06.

I got an email from gixen after sniping with jbidwatcher and using the gixen server as a backup. The email asked if I wanted to support gixen and have the added benefit of the mirrors. I signed up and forgot about it, until today, when I downloaded the gixen Android app. I logged into gixen and noticed no scheduled snipes even though I have two snipes with jbidwatcher (with gixen backup option selected).

Then, I logged into gixen using the web interface and noticed I have no history of snipes. Here I thought I had been sniping through gixen for the last year and I haven't been. My questions are:

1. My gixen login is different from my ebay username and password. Is that the problem?

2. I just added another year to see if that fixed the problem. It didn't. Does that extend the year I paid for or start new, loosing the year I paid for?

Thanks for your help.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with jbidwatcher, I knew there was some discussion with the developer some years ago but wasn't aware that the integration was done.

I thought it either was either no longer supported or had been passed to another organisation to maintain after the original developer moved on to other paid work ?

What I can answer is that adding more Mirror service is cumulative, you never wipe out what you have already paid for, even if perhaps you haven't gained the benefit of what you paid for 10 months ago if you haven't been using it as you thought you had.

The issue you have with jbidwatcher not sending your snipes to Gixen, if they made a promise that they would, sounds to me like a problem with jbidwatcher not with Gixen, hence my question about who now supports it, above.

It is advisable to have a different Ebay login credentials from your Gixen id/credentials, so that isn't the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response.

I think I will just go ahead and use gixen straight out of the gate and not rely on jbidwatcher. I have been using bidwatcher because I am on Linux and it is easier to manage from my desktop.

As for the money spent and not getting used. I have no problem with that. It's not gixen's fault. Plus I don't mind supporting the effort.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mark mentioned, I had some discussion with Morgan about integrating jbidwatcher with Gixen, but that never completed - this involved a lot of work and I don't think this was worthwhile for Morgan.

I just looked and see that his last update was back in 2016. With the most recent changes at eBay I find it unlikely that it's still functional.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.