Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

"Edit" function changed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: "Edit" function changed Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
Thus, Mario's implementation of "Edit" is closer to what actually must be done at level of computer memory; unfortunately, it's not how average people think of editing.

Got the message people, and changed it... It took me a while though to think how to do it without introducing another screen. Take a look and let me know what you think... And whether it's intuitive enough now or not.

Edit will no longer delete snipes until you actually click on "Modify".
bron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: "Edit" function changed Reply with quote

mario wrote:
juangrande wrote:
Thus, Mario's implementation of "Edit" is closer to what actually must be done at level of computer memory; unfortunately, it's not how average people think of editing.

Got the message people, and changed it... It took me a while though to think how to do it without introducing another screen. Take a look and let me know what you think... And whether it's intuitive enough now or not.

Edit will no longer delete snipes until you actually click on "Modify".

Well, did an edit and WOW! What a change. Came here to see what's up. Works fine for me. I like it. Edited item is highlighted in RED. You can CANCEL the edit and your item remains unchanged, or you can MODIFY and the edit is applied. Makes sense to me and worked well.

As for intuitive, I made several edits before coming here and without knowing it had changed until I did the first edit, and it was very clear to me as I compelted several more edits. I tried the CANCEL just to see and it worked well.

Good job, Mario!

Bron
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mario! That is perfect! I think this will be much better, especially for new users!

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I like it too, thank you Mario.

The only slight change I can suggest, that might help, is to retitle the 'Cancel' button in the 'Delete' column to also say 'Delete' as when you are in edit mode there are now two 'Cancel' buttons, and that might still confuse (I mean people might think pushing the Cancel that deletes would cancel the edit)?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Mark & I just changed it to "Delete".
GaryKyle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like! Thanks - that's a great improvement.

I do have a 'funny issue' going on with item 180185878777 on my list (theskintman). I edited it and it now appears twice. I'm sure that earlier I noticed this, refreshed and it just showed one, but I might be wrong. It's consistently showing the item twice now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I just changed it to "Delete".

Thank you... now I also think its perfect... but I guess we have to wait to see if anyone has any issues with it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryKyle wrote:

I do have a 'funny issue' going on with item 180185878777 on my list (theskintman). I edited it and it now appears twice. I'm sure that earlier I noticed this, refreshed and it just showed one, but I might be wrong. It's consistently showing the item twice now.

Gary, it might be best to post this as a seperate issue as it may get overlooked here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.