Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Other Auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iauctiondepot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Other Auctions Reply with quote

Mario,

Your system works great, just put your banner on our blog today. I was wondering if it would become possible to use the Gixen with other auction services. After searching I found no sniper that would work with auctions other than eBay. We currently bid on a site that has a lot of reseller sources but it's auctions all end in nearly the same time. This makes it impossible to win multiple auctions. A service for other auctions would be great for us and would also help others.

Keep up the great job.

Scott
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Mario has considered it in the past, but:

1: It would have to be a very well used site for it to attract a large number of users and hence make the effort worthwhile.

2: There would have to be little competition for sniping on that site, to give competitive advantage (sounds like this does apply to your site)

3: It would have to be 'snipable', by which I mean that some have mechanisms to extend the auction length when there are bids close to the end time.

.... Most sites fail the test at point 1. Can you justify your request for your site against all these three (I think there may well be other points I've missed as well)... and can you tell us which site it is?

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
nochkin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one sniper which supports two auction sites. It also provides a statistic about bidding. eBay gets about 95% of it.
Seems like the other auction site was added just because the owner of this sniper used it. Otherwise, they would not bother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.