Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
team-aztec

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET Reply with quote

i got this message after i lost a bid.
the bidding was at 35.20 and it said the bid increment was 1dll to please enter 36.20 or more I entered 48.20 and lost.
the winning bid was $47.73.

did i do something wrong or this service just doesnt work anymore?
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide us with the eBay item number so we can look at the bid history to see what happened.

I suspect that by the time your bid was placed, the current price was $47.73 (and $48.20 is less than a dollar more than $47.73). However, a look at the bid history will clarify what happened.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

Last edited by juangrande on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. and this is why I use larger offsets.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if we knew the item number.

Failing that, look at the bid history and click on the Show Automatic Bids link. See what you got.

Under any curcumstances - snipe or bid placed directly on eBay - you have no way of knowing if there are outstanding proxy bids and how much they are. In your case when your snipe was placed for $48.20 that automatically moved an outstanding proxy bid to $47.73. Since you didn't have a bid remaining that was, at minimum, $48.73 - one bid increment higher - you lost. That's how eBay bidding works if it was done via snipe or not.

Rick
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay will not accept a bid, at all, if it is less than one bid increment more than the current price.

That said, it is certainly possible to win by less than a bid increment, but to do that first your bid must be accepted (perhaps because it is early enough for the price not to have already risen to the level where it gets excluded) and then turns out not to be a bid increment more than the existing proxy bid. I get that all the time, with my bidding, because there are often many of us, often also including other snipers, that value the items I bid on about the same and are not willing to pay any more.
jerrri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've had similar issue twice over the past week.

The previous auction disappeared already from my list, but here's a recent one: 123235698516.

I've set my highest offer/bid for $346.37. The winner (not me) got the item for $327.07. Gixen still says BID UNDER ASKING PRICE (I have Gixen mirror with two snipes coming 6s before the end).

In this price range the increments are $5, so I should have been able to get it for $332.02, am I not correct?

Or does this mean that the highest bidder had his offer in the $341.37-346.36 range thus my $346.37 was not being high enough offer to be accepted? But from my understanding this would have bumped the price up to this level (with me still losing though).
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Everything appears to be as you've claimed. If your bid was $346.37, then it should have been accepted since, according to the bid history, the current price was indeed $327.07 during the last few seconds of the auction.

Please contact Mario directly using the instructions found on the Contact page. Please be sure to include your Gixen username and the eBay item number (or a link to this thread).

Mario will be able to look up what happened in the Gixen server logs.

--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a bid of US $632.07 withdrawn 3 seconds before the end. This will be the cause.

Bid shielding ?

It should probably be reported to Ebay for investigation, since bid shielding is against their rules.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! That's amazing! That bid of $632.07 was retracted 3 seconds before the auction closed!!

This should *definitely* be reported.

Thanks for pointing that out, Mark. I didn't even think to check for a retraction.

--- Yogi Berra
jerrri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that makes sense, I didn't notice the cancelled bids.
fpandolfi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had a similar situation today, wher I placed a sniper bid of USD1043 for object number 333014826797, and the auction winner got it for USD1025 Sad
In the auction history the only cancelled bid (at USD1125) was canceled several days prior to the auction end.

Quite disappointed I confess.

Anybody has any insight as to why / how this occurred?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is standard operation and also conforms with Ebays bidding rules, also discussed earlier on this very thread.

It is a case of not meeting the bid increment, as linked to on the FAQ page (here), the bid increment is $25 in that range so anything below $1050 is rejected by Ebay as being under the asking price, hence you correctly get a BID UNDER ASKING PRICE status here on Gixen after the auction has completed.
MarcusHammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Status (Main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE confusing Reply with quote

Question eBay item number: 153379124658
Status (Main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE confusing
Several of my penny auction bids failed for being under asking price.
Maybe a tailing space character is sneaking its way into the data base.
MarcusHammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Status (Main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE confusing Reply with quote

MarcusHammer wrote:
Question eBay item number: 153379124658
Status (Main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE confusing
Several of my penny auction bids failed for being under asking price.
Maybe a tailing space character is sneaking its way into the data base.

Sorry, I understand now that this status is triggered by a failure to submit an required bid increment value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.