Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

snipes failed --> Auth token is invalid.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snipeez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: snipes failed --> Auth token is invalid. Reply with quote

This all started about a week ago. ebay blocked my account for "suspicious activity" (I think because I use a VPN). I got it unblocked again, but because I wasn't sure what the real problem was, I did change my ebay password. This worked for a while (I think even Gixen was working). But eventually Gixen notified me that I had to re-authorize. Which I did and everything was fine.

Then ebay blocked me again about a week later. And I went through the process again of getting it unblocked. I did NOT change my password this time.

But the next time I had a snipe (actually several in a row) they all failed with the error --> Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.

So I re-authorized Gixen again. I have more snipes pending in the next half day. How can I pro-actively verify that my Gixen accout is now working properly again, without waiting for my next snipe to fail?

This is one of the snipes that failed ==> 192584063198
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you already followed the instructions below to (re)authorize Gixen on your eBay account:

1. Log in to your Gixen account.
2. Click the [Settings] button at the top right of your Gixen account page.
3. Follow the link to (Re)Authorize Gixen on your eBay account.
4. You will be taken to an eBay log in page. Log in to your eBay account and follow the instructions to authorize Gixen on your eBay account.

The only pro-active action you could take on Gixen's side is to check (on your Settings page) that your authorization of Gixen on your eBay account is current. That should do it.

You'll have to contact eBay about them blocking you.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only really know for certain whether Ebay is blocking you account when Gixen tries to place a bid for you and can't.

So one pro-active action might be to find some auctions ending quite soon that you can place snipes on to see if they work... admittedly there is quite likely to be a cost involved in doing that if you actually win anything.

So perhaps a better use of your time would be to try and find out what actions that you are taking are causing Ebay to block you, and then limit such actions so that they don't do it, at least not so often.

I'd certainly recommend reauthorising your account every time you go through the process of getting your Ebay account unblocked... I'd think it quite likely that something either in the blocking or unblocking process on Ebay will cause the token held by Gixen to become invalid.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can add snipes, they will execute, as the same authorization is used for both fetching items from eBay and placing a bid.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

snipeez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: auth token failed again today Reply with quote

also my post dropped into debug for some reason (thus the sql insert below
INSERT INTO posts_text (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES (33094, 'snipes failed --> Auth token is invalid. WENT INVALID AGAIN', 'a8734a0fca', 'auction 302790382859 my snipes were working again for a day or so, then I had another snipe today... it failed for the same reason as before. My ebay account is NOT locked out. and I have no emails from ebay in my inbox. And Gixen still appears to be authorized for my account. ???')
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... This is definitely out of the ordinary.

I would recommend contacting Mario directly using the instructions on the Contact page, and include a link to this thread http://www.gixen.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=9000

Something odd appears to be going on and only Mario can look into the server logs to see what is actually happening here.

--- Yogi Berra
raysison3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication toke Reply with quote

same that is happening with mine. please help Sad
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've alerted Mario. Presumably you used your Gixen username to post your message. I would also be helpful if you posted the eBay item number(s) for any snipe(s) that failed with this problem.

--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Gixen FAQ email will be about ebay authorization(s). I am also working on an alerting mechanism that will detect expiring authorizations before users do, and provide steps to re-authorize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.