Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New User with a question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyw8469

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: New User with a question Reply with quote

Hello all!! I'm a new user here (over decade user from the now defunct BidNip). I paid for the $6 mirror service based upon the reviews. I was not disappointed, as I won my first snipe with Gixen. My question is this. Since the bids are coming from two different servers, at two different times (I did the Main Chicago server for 4 seconds, and the mirror Miami server for 3 seconds), wouldn't Ebay show "stacked" bids on top of each other as though I bid twice??
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Even though Gixen places your bid twice from different servers, eBay will treat them as one bid from your account. Specifically, whichever of your bids arrives later will not raise the price you would pay. You cannot bid against yourself.

One of two things will happen:

1. The bid that arrives later will be rejected by eBay because it is less than a bid increment more than the bid that arrived earlier.

2. Both bids will be accepted by eBay at the same amount. This can happen if they arrive within a second or so of each other. See this bid history for an example of this.

Neither of these situations raise the price you would pay if you win.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Juan. That was the "stacked" bid I expected to see on my auction. Anyway, thank you for having me! Now here is hoping I can get all my money back that I paid to BidNip. They abandoned me with almost 200 snipes ($50 worth). I rather have that money to give to Mario.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are only likely to see two bids like the one John gave an example of if you set both your Main and Mirror offsets to be the same number.

Most often when you have them different you will only see one bid, the one with the largest offset, that later one will be rejected by Ebay because it is of the same amount as the one you've already had accepted. If the earlier one does not get through to Ebay though, that is the only time you'll see the second server coming in, at the later time, to place your bid for you, that is how the Mirror gives you extra reliability that your bid will be placed.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For full disclosure, I have my offsets set at 4 sec (main server) and 3 sec (mirror server). As the bidding history shows, my two bids will still occasionally arrive at eBay less than a second apart.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.