Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe not placed - item does not ship to you - yes it does!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lvanerstrom

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Snipe not placed - item does not ship to you - yes it does! Reply with quote

Several snipes lately have not been placed and the "error" shown for that snipe in Gixen is that the item does not ship to me. Well, yes it does - the auction simply didn't specify a shipping cost. In fact, if I go to the eBay site and place a bid on those types of auctions it goes through just fine. What is the problem here?
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sort of error is not Gixen's fault. Your bid was rejected by eBay for the reason you gave, and since this happened just before the auction closed, there was no way to recover. This is something that the seller controls when setting up the auction, and you should check with the seller to find out why your bid was rejected if you think there was a mistake.

Another strategy is to make the minimum bid early in the auction to ensure that your bids are accepted, and if it is not, you can contact the seller before the auction closes to straighten things out. Once one of your bids has been accepted, subsequent bids will also be accepted.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't the lack of a shipping cost that is causing this error as the OP suggests.

What causes this error is that the seller has specifically limited the regions that they agree to ship to, for this auction. It can be done on an auction by auction basis if the seller wants, but often, once they start using it, they do set it to apply to all their auctions.

When you view the item on Ebay there is no discernable difference between those with this restriction and those that just don't bother to specify a shipping cost but are willing to negotiate one with you after the auction closes... Sometimes that is a mistake by the seller though, they never intended to allow people from regions they didn't specify a shipping price for to be allowed to bid, but they are... it's often only after they have a bad experience with this that some sellers start using the options available to them to ban such bids... it wouldn't surprise me that if the OP contacted the seller of this item that is the kind of story they would get.

It is only when you try to place a bid from an area that the seller has deliberately rejected in their settings that you discover that you are not able to buy this item from this seller.
lvanerstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm saying is that on auctions where there is no shipping cost specified, eBay gladly accepts my bid, however on the same auction Gixen errors out for the message I gave.

This is not to be confused with auctions where there is a very clear ("Item does not ship to you") message.

I believe someone else posted recently here about this exact same issue.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

lvanerstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the post titled "Bid connected with shipping options ?" for this exact same issue. It is not that the seller has denied shipping to a region or country as some have replied, but rather the lack of a shipping option/cost.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mark said: "When you view the item on Ebay there is no discernible difference between those with this restriction and those that just don't bother to specify a shipping cost but are willing to negotiate one with you after the auction closes..."

The point is that your bid was rejected by eBay because of how the seller set up the auction. There is nothing that can be done about this by Gixen.

The only way to avoid this is to contact the seller ahead of time to arrange for your bid to be accepted. If your bid is placed mere seconds before the auction closes, there is no time to do that.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.