Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid connected with shipping options ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnartprod

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Bid connected with shipping options ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have seen few days ago that somes snipes were impossible to submit because seller has not purposed a shipping option available for my country. These snipes were cancelled when applicated during the last seconds of auction. Too late to bid manually.

In almost cases, you can fix shippigng option after won the acutions when you send a MP to the seller.

Would it be possible to active snipes even if a shipping option is not available ?

Best,
David.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It is eBay that is blocking your bids in this case because the seller set up the auction not to allow such bids. There is nothing that could be set up on Gixen's side to get around this. All Gixen does is submit your bids.

The only way to avoid this is to set up the shipping with the seller on eBay beforehand so that eBay will accept your bids.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
cnartprod

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Juangrande for your reply,
I understand now why snipes failed.

But I remember well that I have already won some auctions with Gixen where seller had not allowed an available shipping option (with the message : "the seller doesn't shipping in your country) that's why i have submit this post.

I will check this (with a manually bid) if I'm in the same situation.
Best,
David
Rickajho

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only Mario would know if that were ever allowed to happen in the past.

Last year gixen started interfacing with eBay using eBay's own API so if a seller has placed a shipping location restriction on an auction I don't believe there is any way around it now.

If you see a shipping restriction that is an issue for you you can try doing a small test bid at eBay to see what happens. If eBay blocks the bid gixen won't be able to snipe it either.

Rick
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hasn't changed - if seller sets the restriction eBay will enforce it. If it were allowed in the past this is because seller did not set the restriction despite saying where he ships and where not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.