Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Currency

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santana2628

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Currency Reply with quote

Hello

Just wondering what currency Gixen uses when I place my snipe? I usually buy on ebay.fr in euros, and Gixen places my snipe in Euros. What happens when I place a Gixen for a purchase in dollars from ebay.us? Is the maximum bid amount calculated in Euros or Dollars?

*Not sure if I'm making myself clear here, sorry Question

Thanks anyway
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does no currency conversion - it will always submit your bid in the currency in which auction was listed, and this does not change depending on which country site you use. If the auction is listed in euros, your bid will be submitted in euros.
Santana2628

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clears up that, then. Thank you Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to keep your mind 'fit' with all the little mental calculations/conversions that you have to perform when bidding on auctions in different currencies.

Don't forget to take into account the postage/shipping costs... and make sure you have enough time to communicate with the seller if the shipping costs are not stated in the auction (to your location), in order to find out what they would charge, before the auction ends.

Often postage charges can be quite high for overseas shipping and even more often the sellers expect it to cost them more than the true cost (or if I'm my usual cynical self, not to expect you to know what the cost is and hence make more profit for themselves). A little research or experience with the sellers postal service often helps with negotiations.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.