Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suggestion for new feature: Keep track of Buy-it-Now's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
celes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for new feature: Keep track of Buy-it-Now's Reply with quote

Suggestion is for Gixen to allow a user to enter a BuyItNow item in his/her list, just for tracking purposes - Gixen will not snipe or buy or transact on these items in any way; it is merely record keeping in one place for the user.

Reasoning: When browsing Ebay to buy items of a particular type, say bicycle for example, I may find three of interest - two auctions and one BuyItNow. I may set up snipes in Gixen for the two auction items, and come back a day or more later to check on latest price movements. If latest bids exceed my initial snipe value, I may increase my snipe, but it would be good to see, in one place, the BuyItNow bicycle that I was also interested in, so I can decide sensibly whether to increase my bid or to drop out of the auction. I do not always want to spend time going back to Ebay to look at all options again.

The BuyItNow items in my Gixen list can by displayed with a clear indicator that it is "passive" and will not be actioned (maybe color scheme).

Potentially, it may not require elaborate software change since the ability to list items exist - the snipe action must just be disabled for these items.

Any opinions on this suggestion welcomed.
Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've always been against auction management features being added to Gixen, I think it complicates things, more things to go wrong is more time taken away from the primary task of placing snipes for Gixen users. It would also increase the amount of support required.

In my view such features should be managed on Ebay itself which already has facilities, such as custom lists, that enable this to be done quite easily and neatly, there.
Celes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Keeping track of BuyItNows Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

In my view such features should be managed on Ebay itself which already has facilities, such as custom lists, that enable this to be done quite easily and neatly, there.

Thanks for replying Mark. I get what you're saying about keeping it single purpose, which always has merit.

But just to reflect on the use of Ebay lists - my Ebay lists typically have a dozen or dozens of items that I find of interest.
In contrast, my Gixen list is short and only contains items I have actually "approved" as worthy and decided to attempt to buy. So looking at an Ebay vs Gixen list gives me totally different information.
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Your Gixen list is short because it is focused on items that you could bid on. Since Gixen's sole purpose is to enter bids automatically seconds before the corresponding auctions end, adding BIN management features would only be a distraction.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

celes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Tracking BuyItNow's Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
Right. Your Gixen list is short because it is focused on items that you could bid on. Since Gixen's sole purpose is to enter bids automatically seconds before the corresponding auctions end, adding BIN management features would only be a distraction.

Yes, I should have explained better - it is exactly when I am about to increase my bid in Gixen that I need to handily see the BuyItNow item I earmarked, because I may not want to push my bid up beyond the price of the available BIN item.
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. However, if the item is an auction with a BIN option, you already have the capability of adding that item to your list on Gixen (because you are able to bid on it). The only issue in this case is that eBay will not accept a bid at or above an active BIN.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.