Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Reserve not met - Mixed placed bid lower that edited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peylonskiGX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reserve not met - Mixed placed bid lower that edited Reply with quote

I have set a snipe for an auction to the amount of 103.70 EUR. (292461614788)
Gixen placed the bid of 86.00 EUR and unfortunately missed the vendors reserve price. therefore i have missed the auction.

Why did Gixen place a bid of 86,00 EUR ... and not my max of 103,70 EUR.

Are there any explanations for this?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, what this means is that the sellers reserve was more than 103.70 EUR.

Gixen does place the bid you ask it to.

Ebay doesn't display the bid that was entered if there are no other bids higher than it, it only displays it as one bid increment more than the next highest bid.

So no one, especially not the seller can tell you actually bid much more... you don't really want them to know that you (well Gixen on your behalf) did, do you, otherwise the best they will do for you is relist with a reserve only just below that amount, since they would then already know that is what you are willing to pay... ?

It's just how Ebay works.. but if you think about it, that's how it should work as it is in your best interests.
edm777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reserve not met process. Reply with quote

I wondered about this and found the answer you gave. I fully agree with your process and reasoning.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.