Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen alternate business model?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComputerWhiz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Gixen alternate business model? Reply with quote

after reading part of the forum post about the 30-second login timer, I thought that maybe it would be beneficial for both gixen's free users and for given, to maybe have some kind of post-snipe donation instead.

Here's how I envision that working:
>Free user sets up a snipe
>Given wins the bid for them
> user gets item
>given could then take this opportunity to tell the user something like "how much extra money/time would you have spent if you hadn't used gixen? please consider a small donation of 25 cents/50 cents/$1 to keep the service free for everyone"

by asking AFTER successful snipes, I feel like given will be more bale to draw in money from users because gixen can encourage them to donate some of the money that the service saved them.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your rationale here, but people who demand a free lunch will rationalize themselves out of anything that doesn't result in a free lunch. The big "60 second" thread was started by someone who admitted:

largeformatphotographer wrote:
I have been using the free version of Gixen for years but I have been seriously considering upgrading to the paying service the last couple of months..."

and then even provides an excellent reasoning as to why someone would use a sniping service - the convenience of the service, and so you don't get into bidding wars. Using free for years..., "considering" paying for the mirror service for months... - yet concludes:

largeformatphotographer wrote:
... at least in this case, your 60 second timer has had the exact opposite effect. Instead of getting me to become a aying (sic) member, its made me decide not to become a paying member. My advice would be to axe that whole idea asap.

A person who demands "Gimme my free lunch!!! Or else!!!" is pretty much dead set against paying for the service no matter what business model or rationale is presented. This guy even had the chutzpa to suggest the best business model is to give the free lunch back.

People like that still have choices though - be annoyed or simply leave.

.02ยข

Rick
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The countdown doesn't happen as soon as you register an account with Gixen, so new users do already get an opportunity to try the service and see how well it works before they are asked to contribute a little back.
Retika

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: business analysis Reply with quote

I value your method of reasoning here, yet individuals who request a free lunch will defend themselves out of whatever doesn't result in a free lunch. The enormous "60-second" string was begun by somebody who conceded:

and afterward even gives phenomenal thinking regarding why somebody would utilize a killing administration - the comfort of the administration, thus you don't get into offering wars. Utilizing free for years..., "considering" paying for the mirror administration for a considerable length of time... - yet finishes up:

large-format photographer composed:

An individual who requests "Gimme my free lunch!!! Or on the other hand else!!!" is basically bound and determined against paying for the administration regardless of what plan of action or basis is displayed. This person even had the chutzpah to recommend the best plan of action is to give the free lunch back.

Individuals like that still have options, however - be irritated or essentially leave. Business Analyst.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: business analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.