Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Lost most of my bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Lost most of my bids Reply with quote

My first time trying Gixen. I bid on a group of 20 Ebay items. Reviewing the results, I should have won 5 of the items, having clearly the highest bid. But I only won 1 of them. Why in the world would I continue to use Gixen?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the status that Gixen gave your lost snipes after they had completed ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found your bids, and from what I see everything worked flawlessly. You had 20 bids in the same group. First and third one were "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE", second and forth one Gixen placed bids but you were outbid, and fifth one you won.

The remaining 15 were cancelled, as they should have been. Did you misunderstand what grouping does?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, in addition to the counter, we should consider restricting unsubscribed accounts to not being able to use Groups, or at least not until they have some experience with the system.

After all, this isn't the first occasion we have had a complaint from a new user because they failed to grasp what Grouping is supposed to do.

I guess that would be pretty unpopular, even in comparison to the timer change... but the only alternative would appear to be to force people to read the FAQ tab before they gain full access to the Gixen sniping interface.

I must admit I had to go and check that unsubscribed users are allowed to set up standard Groups of snipes... I had completely forgotten that was an option right from your first unsubscribed use.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I don't like to restrict functionality, I like users to have access to full set of features. If I restrict groups, many users will not know about them at all. And it looks like there will be no need to do this, counters had a significant effect on their own.

Note that unlike normal groups, contingency and multi-win groups are available with mirror only. But these are not used often.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What some people don't appreciate is that you are too nice for this job... fortunately the majority do.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly appears that majority of users appreciate very much what you do, Mario. I was pleasantly astounded to see how many posted to the "60 seconds" thread just to say how much they appreciate your work. I certainly do.

Mark, you may be right that Mario is too nice for this job, but the world needs more nice people. Very Happy

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps functionality could be restricted to an automatic jump to the FAQ page before a first bid is allowed to be placed? Doesn't mean you can actually make anyone read it, but there's always hope... Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.