Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bidding manually on Ebay + using GIXEN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patwu915

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: bidding manually on Ebay + using GIXEN Reply with quote

had anyone tried this before? Would it cause any conflict with GIXEN?

Just want to make sure I win this auction and worry that GIXEN might failed so I want to log in manually and try bidding myself too
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are wasting your time.

However, the only thing you are likely to do is, if you bid before Gixen is due to place that same bid, you will block Gixen from doing so on your behalf. This is because Ebay does not allow you to place the same bid twice at different times from the same Ebay account.

If you use a different Ebay account to place your manual bid, from the one you have Gixen scheduled to bid from, that is even worse, as it would mean you artificially push the price up to your maximum bid, all on your own.

In conclusion, if you are going to try that, ensure you are trying to place your manual bid after Gixen is scheduled to place that bid on your behalf.

Alternatively, if you want extra security I recommend that you purchase a Mirror subscription, it's still just $6 for a whole year of that service, and it gets you two independent servers both trying to place that bid for you... that's much better (in my opinion) than you can ever do on your own.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark's advice is spot on. If you purchase a Gixen mirror subscription so that Gixen places your bid twice from two different servers that are located far away from each other (Chicago and Miami), there is no reason to enter a bid manually. The extra reliability you might gain is so minimal that it would not be worth the effort.

As a technical point, it does occasionally happen that eBay records the same bid from the same account if they arrive at eBay very close together near the end of the auction. I've seen both bids Gixen placed for me show up in the bidding history.

However, as Mark already pointed out, eBay will reject another bid of the same amount from the same account (except when the timing is too close for their software to check before the auction closes).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
MrM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to ask a similar question to the top post above, in a slightly different way for clarification.

Scenario: I am doing a combined shipping deal with a seller, the last item is an auction that ends in a few days. I MANUALLY put a bid on the auction through eBay so the seller sees that I am working towards completing our deal.

Question: If I set a snipe here at Gixen for a much higher price just to cover my bid in the event that someone attempts to bid the auction, but my MANUALLY placed bid on Ebay is this highest bid, what happens?

Does Ebay just cancel the snipe bid?

Thanks, I've been using Gixen for 4+ years and this is the first time I have had to do this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set a much higher snipe bid with Gixen, Gixen will place it at the end of the auction. However, it will not increase the amount you pay if your original bid is still the highest bid when Gixen places your snipe. That's the way eBay works: Your higher bid is recorded, but the winning price only increases if someone else bids.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
MrM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thank you for the detailed reply I appreciate it. I figured that was how it would work out but wanted to be sure.

In this case the seller ended the auction early because I had bought several other items already.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.