Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

why have you changed the name of your website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
procyon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: why have you changed the name of your website Reply with quote

Why change the name of your website from .net to .com? Especially without telling anybody?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure all the registered gixen users got one - if not two - emails notifying them of the changes going on here and what they needed to do - and by what date - in order to update their gixen account. Late to the party? This didn't just pop up out of thin air.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .net variant was active only for a few weeks during the transition period to the new more integrated sniping engine...

For many years before that it was .com, and hopefully for many years it will remain active here.

So, I don't really understand the nature of this complaint, if that is what it is ?

Is there a Support issue being raised here, or not ?
procyon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
The .net variant was active only for a few weeks during the transition period to the new more integrated sniping engine...

For many years before that it was .com, and hopefully for many years it will remain active here.

So, I don't really understand the nature of this complaint, if that is what it is ?

Is there a Support issue being raised here, or not ?

Email was June 28, and again July 27, saying to use .net. The .net was active until a few days ago. It was so long ago, that I didn't remember that it would change back to .com. .net was active over 3 months - whether you knew it or not.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: It threw me too Reply with quote

I had a bookmark that was .net. Today is the first day I even realised it wasn't working any more. It has worked until very recently. I only tried the .com as a last resort when the page refused to work. I think a post saying .net wouldn't work any more would have been a nice thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.