Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Maybe the same thing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Maybe the same thing? Reply with quote

So, saturday(yesterday) afternoon I think the same thing happened to me.
Ebay ID #172912284979
Time to end: ENDED
Bid: 357.68
Current: 305.00
Status: eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id: <div> To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the quantity of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time. These limits may change over time and are determined by your p

I looked up the error and got this:
To ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, we limit the quantity of items that can be bought or sold by a single account at one time. These limits may change over time and are determined by your previous site activity and overall performance. Currently, your account has reached the limit for bidding and buying, but you can increase this limit by providing additional verification. Thank you for your understanding.

I was planning on entering payment info after the snipe went through, 'cause I'm paranoid about giving my parent's payment info out.

Does not entering info while the item is active, then changing my gixen password after I win, and then entering payment info for security reasons invalidate snipes?

Benno
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this off because it wasn't related to where you posted it... I'd be interested in why you thought it might be, as I couldn't see any relation to the thread you posted on.

As the error indicates, Ebay chose to limit the bids it would accept from your account because their judgement is that they do not know enough about you to ensure you will be able to pay for the auctions you may win. This is a judgement they are entitled t6o make according to the rules they impose on the use of their site, it doesn't make any difference whether you or I think that judgement is correct or not. Ebay requires you to enter more personal information before they will allow you to bid on more items, that might information related to your means of payment.

To be honest your last sentence doesn't make a lot of sense to me, sorry. If you change your Ebay password after setting up snipes then, yes, those snipes will fail because that invalidates the token that Gixen has which links your Gixen account to your Ebay account, you would have to authorise it again... but I'm not sure whether or not that is what you are asking.

Changing your Gixen password doesn't affect your interaction with Ebay at all, your Gixen id is entirely separate from your Ebay id, and I advise you to make those credentials entirely different from one another.

Once Ebay has your payment information I wouldn't advise trying to remove it again, if you manage to do it, (which I would think is probably quite difficult in any case), then you would likely end up with Ebay blocking your bids, once more, in the same way as you reported above.
Benno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that last sentence meant this:
I didn't want to take the risk that Gixen is insecure with my paren't payment info, so I had planned this course of action:
1. Make a new Ebay account, link it to GIXEN, and set up some snipes
2. After I had won an auction, I would change my Ebay password(so GIXEN
wouldn't be able to access my Ebay account any more)
3. Enter payment info, pay for item
4. Be on my merry way, completely safe from GIXEN getting hacked and all my parent's payment info being stolen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to do any of this - Gixen no longer stores your eBay password, and it also doesn't have any access to your payment information. It never did.

Also, Gixen has never been hacked. I don't want to be arrogant and say it's impossible, as anyone involved in network security can never be careful enough, but I find it highly unlikely to happen.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

Benno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, how does GIXEN bid on something if it doesn't have your ebay password?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to authorise Gixen to bid on your behalf, via Ebay... this is part of the registration process for a Gixen account now.

It does not involve providing your Ebay password to Gixen.

The problem you are having is that your Ebay account is new. Ebay don't trust that account yet, so they put blocks up to try to get you to provide the information that will allow them to trust you via that account. Until you do that you will continue to have problems bidding on Ebay, either directly or via Gixen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.