Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I'm Losing Bids Because I Had to Change My eBay Password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: I'm Losing Bids Because I Had to Change My eBay Password Reply with quote

2017/10/10
Hi,
I was forced to change my eBay password (because of an unauthorized attempt on my account), so I came to Gixen to update my eBay password here.

I made the change and entered a bid. My bid was accepted by Gixen, but the bid was not posted by Gixen toward the end of the eBay auction. I would have won the item if my snipe had been posted because my Gixen snipe bid was higher than the winning bid on eBay.

BTW, I didn't get a message that my bid was placed and I lost. It was completely wiped out on Gixen and no action was taken. I think it has something to do with changing my password on eBay and Gixen.

Here is the error message that I receive now when I try to place a bid:

Error: Please login again now. Your security token has expired.
Error: Please login again now. Your security token has expired.
Could not add this item (253185977435)(1, -1).

This is the same error message that I received before I changed my eBay password on Gixen. But I am getting it again even though I changed my password on Gixen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, David
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account.

To do this, log in to Gixen and click the [Settings] button near the top right of your Gixen homepage.

Click the <Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account> link. You will be taken to an eBay login page. Log in to eBay and follow the instructions for authorizing Gixen on your eBay account.

That should correct this problem for you.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2017/01/11
Hi John,

Your suggestion of re-authorizing the connection between eBay and Gixen did the trick. Thank you.

At least as far as accepting my snipe goes. I'll know in a couple of hours if it actually posts my snipe to eBay in the auction.

I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you very much.

David
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going forward, please note that your Ebay id and your Gixen id are now entirely separate things.

Changing your Ebay password does not mean you needed to change the password you have for your Gixen id.. In fact it is advisable that you have a different password for Ebay than you do for your Gixen id.

However, as you have found, when you change your Ebay password you do need to re-authorise that Ebay id to your Gixen account, as John has guided you through.

Good luck with your continued sniping, via Gixen.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject:

cfisher6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem when forced to change my password by eBay. I missed one auction with the below error:
"Please login again now. Your security token has expired. For security reasons, please log in again"

I reasoned this was because of the password issue so I checked settings and reauthorized Gixen with eBay as is also described above. However, I then missed the next auction with the below error:
"Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed."

Seeing as I've already reauthorized eBay/Gixen once, what's the issue? Could it be that the snipe was scheduled before I went through the reauthorization?
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That is almost surely it.

See the discussion over at this thread:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8642

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
cfisher6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you. I perhaps should have looked further but saw this thread describe my issue and went with it.

Interesting that the password issue with eBay seems to be a recent problem for several users. It was very frustrating, as it occurred just before multiple auctions ended and they all went well below my asking price.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue has only occurred recently because use of the security token is a feature that was only introduced recently to Gixen.

Just a few months back Gixen was still using your Ebay credentials to submit bids on your behalf, now, with the new system it doesn't need access to your Ebay credentials at all... It does however require a valid security token, and it would appear that is invalidated when you change your Ebay password.

Perhaps we should consider updating all currently scheduled snipes with the new token whenever a user reauthorises their account with Ebay ?.. Mario may have a different view on that suggestion.
cfisher6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring more specifically to the eBay password reset. I actually hadn't used Gixen for some time as I was overseas. I set several snipes and then purchased an item with Buy It Now and then my password was reset.

I believed it was reset as it was my first purchase from overseas; could it have been because I set the first snipes in a while? That seems unlikely, but I don't know the technical details of how the snipes are set.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had issues with Ebay when I've accessed it from overseas, they track where you usually log in from and react if they get something very different.

As you suggest that is more likely the cause, and not your interaction with Gixen, which now reaches them via a different route than your browsing/manual bidding activity in any case.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Follow Up Reply with quote

craftique_cards wrote:
At least as far as accepting my snipe goes. I'll know in a couple of hours if it actually posts my snipe to eBay in the auction.

2017/10/13
Hi,

I wanted to follow up and say that my snipes fired. I even won a couple of auctions. Laughing

Thanks again, All, for the help.

David
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. and thank you David,

For coming back to provide us with an update.
cfisher6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redoing my snipes also cleared up the problem. Everything's firing as normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.