Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How can I change the ebay username associated with my gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curiously Asking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: How can I change the ebay username associated with my gixen Reply with quote

I have no access to the email address the original Paypal payment came from.

Do I have to abandon my account which has nearly a year left to run and start again or is there some way of doing this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing what exactly? Resetting your password? Please email me and include details - e.g. your eBay and Gixen usernames.
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you want to do is associate your Gixen account with a different eBay account, the following procedure should do what you want:

Go to your Gixen settings page by clicking the [Settings] button at the top of your Gixen account page.

Unlink the currently linked eBay account by following the Unlink eBay account link.

Then, re-authorize Gixen on your (new) eBay account by following the Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account link. When you are directed to eBay to do this, be sure to use your correct eBay credentials.

This, of course, assumes you are still able to log in to your Gixen account. If that's not the case, please contact Mario (as he suggested above).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
curiouslyasking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you previous poster - yes I can log into my Gixen account. I previously had a buying and seller id and when I wanted to buy on the seller id I couldn't transfer Gixen to it because of not having access to the link via Paypal email which I didn't have any more due to changed email.

I did email Mario at the time but no response. I will try the unlink and relink thing you suggested.

Thanks very much.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Thanks

curiouslyasking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Doing what exactly? Resetting your password? Please email me and include details - e.g. your eBay and Gixen usernames.

I thought the title and post explained it.

I have a Gixen paid account - I want to change it to a different ebay account - transfer account setting requires access to the Paypal payment email for a link - I do not have access to this email address now as I changed it a time ago.

Did this not make sense?

If linking and unlinking is the solution to this as mentioned by the poster above - maybe the transfer account needs to be removed from the site now?
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the "Transfer your mirror subscription to another ebay username" section in the Settings page is obsolete and should be deleted.

We're working on it.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might still be required in order to transfer a Mirror subscription from one Gixen account to another... That doesn't appear to be what the OP wants/needs to do, but others might still require that function.
curiouslyasking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Well that didn't work Reply with quote

Well I did as suggested by the poster I thanked earlier.

All looked well. Unlinked account. Linked with different account.

Added snipe.

Auction ended with no bids.

Gixen dashboard claims auction was ended early with Buy It Now which it absolutely was not. It's sitting there unwon - no bids. Doesn't say it ended early and is definitely not a buy it now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the auction number ?

Is your Mirror subscription still active on this Gixen account ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.