Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

suggestion - bounce back to last item edited / looked at

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeske

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: suggestion - bounce back to last item edited / looked at Reply with quote

Sometimes I bid on lots of little things... so there's a long list of items... when I decide to edit the bids / snipes, it sends me to the bottom of the page, I make the edit, but then I am not bounced back to where I began... and it can be time consuming finding where that was.

Maybe there can be an option / preference to bounce back to the last item looked at?

Or, for the "slicker" website approach... maybe when I hit the "edit" button you can not bounce to the bottom of the page at all... but have the edit input box appear next to the item. Probably not some kind of pop up though! Most people don't like popups. Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's possible to do this (editing in place on the page)... But some help from a web developer might be needed/helpful as to how (what technology is required, Ajax ?) to actually implement it.

I imagine if we got too fancy we'd then start getting complaints about how it won't work any longer in their ancient version of their web browser.. and how slow it has got even when it does eventually work.

Sometimes the simple approach has advantages.

N.B. with a Mirror subscription, you can have the Edit boxes at the top, if you wish, it is configured via the Settings page.
skeske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: aha Reply with quote

aha, thanks mark! I have a mirror subscription and will look into that option. Maybe it is not too complicated to remember where on the page someone was when they clicked 'edit' and bounce back there? Don't think this would interfere with old browsers etc.
skeske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: one more idea Reply with quote

one more idea-- since you are able to highlight individual snipes-- maybe you can highlight the last item edited... so I can find my way back there easily...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: one more idea

AnneW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Boucing back to last edit/ what about multi bidding? Reply with quote

I too am frustrated by being bounced to the bottom of the page, but it would also save a lot of time if you could multi-bid, ie mark several items at a time for the same bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.