Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

is there a way to change the default bid offset?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scootsah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: is there a way to change the default bid offset? Reply with quote

I find that I am constantly bidding against the same person who is sniping 1 second before me, so I would like to default my snipes to 8 seconds instead of 6. Is it possible to set 8 seconds as the default value instead of having to change this value manually for every snipe?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but is it that difficult to change that combo box each time? How many snipes do you have?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scootsah, Are your opponent's snipes within a bid increment of your snipes? That's the only way it could make any difference (and that would indeed be annoying).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
scootsah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: is there a way to change the default bid offset? Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
scootsah, Are your opponent's snipes within a bid increment of your snipes? That's the only way it could make any difference (and that would indeed be annoying).

I am aware of this. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened & I would just like to know that I am doing all that I can to avoid this from happening.

mario wrote:
No, but is it that difficult to change that combo box each time? How many snipes do you have?

Depends, usually <10, but I can have 25-30 at one time. Of course, it's not that difficult to change the combo box, but my memory is not the best so that's why I am looking for a default setting...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: is there a way to change the default bid offset?

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: is there a way to change the default bid offset? Reply with quote

scootsah wrote:
it's not that difficult to change the combo box, but my memory is not the best so that's why I am looking for a default setting...

So I surmise that this thread has migrated to being more relevant to 'Suggestions and Ideas':

Specifically, can we have a field on the Settings page that changes the default offset of the logged on user?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there you have it - you can set the default bid offset now on the settings page. Let me know if you notice any bug regarding this.
Bron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

I think this will be useful, too. It's always nice to be able set defaults to our preferences.
scootsah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: is there a way to change the default bid offset? Reply with quote

mario wrote:
OK, there you have it - you can set the default bid offset now on the settings page. Let me know if you notice any bug regarding this.

Thanks very much. I'll test it out as soon as I can...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.