Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Signing up didn't work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Signing up didn't work Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I need some help logging in.
This goes no longer with eBay username und passwort - so I signed up as requested. I followed the instructions and I'm pretty sure I did everything right: chose a Gixen Username, a Gixen Password, and linked my eBay account to it. I got no error messages whatsoever. But when I now try to log in with my new Gixen Username&Passwort I get the message "Please sign up first", which I repeated a couple of times as described above (without success). Logging in using the old method doesn't work either. So what did I do wrong and how can I fix it to use Gixen again?
I would appreciate your help! Many thanks in advance.
Gailrayaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Can't login new account Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem

Newbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 am Post subject: Signing up didn't work Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I need some help logging in.
This goes no longer with eBay username und passwort - so I signed up as requested. I followed the instructions and I'm pretty sure I did everything right: chose a Gixen Username, a Gixen Password, and linked my eBay account to it. I got no error messages whatsoever. But when I now try to log in with my new Gixen Username&Passwort I get the message "Please sign up first", which I repeated a couple of times as described above (without success). Logging in using the old method doesn't work either. So what did I do wrong and how can I fix it to use Gixen again?
I would appreciate your help! Many thanks in advance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the next few weeks you need to log in with your new credentials at:

www.gixen.net

not here.

You also need to ensure that you push the 'Log in Now' button and not the 'Sign Up' button which is, confusingly, where you might usually expect to press.

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
nickers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Dodgy goings on Reply with quote

I had the same problem, I think a Gixen is finished hacked or just not working anymore no doubt ebay have decided to curtail Gixen's snipe service. I would change your password within ebay just to be safe
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Dodgy goings on

Newbee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after I repeated the sing-up-procedure it somehow worked this time. So - thank you!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickers,

That is not helpful, and entirely incorrect.

Please desist from such posts, they will be removed from this site and you will be blocked from posting if you continue with such trolling behaviour.

If you'd like assistance you are more than welcome to ask for it and we'll do our best to get you up and running again... but attacks on us are not the way to go and won't get you any sympathy or help.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dodgy goings on Reply with quote

nickers wrote:
I had the same problem, I think a Gixen is finished hacked or just not working anymore no doubt ebay have decided to curtail Gixen's snipe service. I would change your password within ebay just to be safe

Actually it's quite the opposite, every single one of your unsubstantiated claims. In addition, Gixen no longer asks for or collects eBay passwords.
airmailman75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Can't Create Gixen Account Reply with quote

I've tried everything suggested and cannot create a gixen account. I go to Gixen.net and there is nowhere to sign up. It just defaults to my eBay information. Same on gixen.com. So how am I supposed to use it? Can't use my ebay creds, can't create gixen creds. Frustrating!!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gixen.net was temporary during the transition, it redirects to gixen.com now in any case.

Are you pressing the 'Sign Up' button on the Gixen.com Home page ?

That is definitely where you need to start, you can't log in to your new Gixen account prior to doing that.

You should not try using your Ebay credentials anywhere on any Gixen related software any more and it is advised that you choose entirely different credentials from your Ebay one when setting up your Gixen account.

Once you have your Gixen account the next stage is to authorise your Ebay account to it, by following the link provided by Gixen to Ebay.
gixenmp69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: No e-mail sent after sign up Reply with quote

I've tried hopelessly for 2 days to sign up the new gixen website, but it's always a failure !
I've never received an e-mail even with different e-mail providers ( numericable.fr, free.fr, gmail.com )
I can't either log on !
What's going on ?
I use gixen for years and now i'm stucked on eBay !
It seems to be a bug, as I read on this forum, so please fix it quickly !
Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gixenmp69

Please email the details to Mario direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above.

The details include the email addresses that you have tried to register, the Gixen ids that you have tried to register, and the Ebay id that you want to associate with your Gixen account.
gixenmp69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Can't Create Gixen Account Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
gixenmp69

Please email the details to Mario direct at the support address given on the [contact] tab above.

The details include the email addresses that you have tried to register, the Gixen ids that you have tried to register, and the Ebay id that you want to associate with your Gixen account.

I did send an e-mail with my gixen details but no way for my eBay Ids !
Hurry up and fix your website please otherwise i'm going to use another eBay sniper !
I really need one.
It would be a shame because I like this one and gixen is really efficient !

Your proposal is not a durable solution.

Nevertheless thank you.

I'm looking forward to using gixen quikly again.
Bye
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the problem with telling Mario what your Ebay id is ?

I wasn't suggesting that you provide any passwords via email.

It is hard to know what problem you are having if you can't be more explicit about what you are trying to do, and what precisely is not working, for you.

It must be something specific to your account, or what you are trying to do, because there are many thousands of Gixen users that are not having this issue right now.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
gixenmp69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Can't Create Gixen Account Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
What is the problem with telling Mario what your Ebay id is ?

I wasn't suggesting that you provide any passwords via email.

It is hard to know what problem you are having if you can't be more explicit about what you are trying to do, and what precisely is not working, for you.

It must be something specific to your account, or what you are trying to do, because there are many thousands of Gixen users that are not having this issue right now.

Hi Cupid.

After reading your post msg, I've tried again this morning just in case ...
I gave my gixen Ids and e-mail adress and try to link this information to eBay as suggested in the website and as I did before.
It nearly worked !
I had this error msg :

"Error -1529. Please try again from scratch. If it fails again please report to support.At.gixen.com."

So, I tried again and this time my gixen account has been created !

I don't understand what was the matter because, I did exactly the same "protocol" at the very first time I tried to subscribe.

So, it's ok then, but I have not received any confirmation e-mail from the website !

It remains something strange Smile

Bye.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't actually need an email from gixen in order to complete the set up of your Gixen account, though I agree that is an issue that needs addressing in the long term, if you subsequently need it to send you emails for some other reason.

Hopefully, you are now up and running though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.