Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"Transition\" FAILED. Miserably

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2011eggy1951

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: \"Transition\" FAILED. Miserably Reply with quote

Do you even check your code? Apparently not.
I got a new id and password, I enabled Gixen access to Ebay. When I try to log in with the new ID and password I get re-routed to registration.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually despite the problems, it seems to be a success. Most users do not have an issue any longer, more than 2/3 of scheduled snipes are now on the new system, and the reliability has actually gone up - fewer than ever bids are failing. From what I see, it looks very good.

However, I understand that from your perspective it looks bad. Please email me and I'll have it fixed for you.
smitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Check all clicks very carefully Reply with quote

I was preparing an email about the problem I had after I connected the gixen to the ebay account. I was documenting the issue quite well, and then because I was attempting ALL the possible login paths (via gixen.com and via gixen.net), I found that it worked!!

I believe that the problem make have been that I clicked on the larger "Sign up" button, which is where the "Log in Now" button normally resides.

So, Login with the NEW (NON-ebay) credentials using "gixen.COM" (emphasized).

You will be redirected to the gixen.net site and it should work.

Other methods MAY work, but this definitely does.

I will now attempt some bids on some items to make sure that it really is working.
2011eggy1951

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Check all clicks very carefully Reply with quote

smitty wrote:

I believe that the problem make have been that I clicked on the larger "Sign up" button, which is where the "Log in Now" button normally resides.

No, I clicked on the correct button. The bug is real.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Check all clicks very carefully

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011eggy1951,

Is your Ebay id different from your Gixen id ?... I can see that it not being, is causing an issue for at least one other user.

I'm presuming that you are putting all the details in an email to Mario at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above.

Please send it from the email account you have registered with gixen.net and include both your Gixen id and your Ebay id.

If I'm mistaken about your intentions to contact Mario direct please elaborate further here about exactly where you have got to in the migration/upgrade process and exactly what is failing for you now.
banneinski (or something)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Transition not working. Reply with quote

I'm being led in circles as I get to eBay to verify my new account which tells me that the username is in use and go around back here to try a new username...and on, and on and on. The 'verify my username' email doesn't send me anything.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you explain to me, in detail, which credentials (Ebay or Gixen) you are entering on which site (gixen.com or gixen.net) and then which buttons you are pressing and then where it is failing...

There are a few different circles you could get led in depending exactly what you do where, at the moment... so let's get it straight as to exactly which one you are in right now... then we can try to get you out of it rather than perhaps just confusing ourselves even more than we already are...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your Gixen and eBay usernames.
someguywithacamera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: NOW it works (I hope). Reply with quote

Interesting. I tried it again this morning and was able to log in to Gixen.net with my new username-password combo. It took a snipe just like before and I'll see what happens this evening when the auction ends.

I thought that .net was transitioning to .com?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything on .net will be coming back here to .com in a few weeks time (once everyone has transitioned and there are no more snipes left on .com)

It can't happen immediately, we are still waiting for everyone to transition to the new system... Not everyone uses Gixen every day... and auctions last for up to 10 days... So there is that 10 day lag, at least, before everything gets across to gixen.net.

Then there is more work to be done to bring it all back here.
equinoxygene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Please email me and include your Gixen and eBay usernames.

I managed to log in (finally) but....there are more bugs:

1. When I try to edit an existent snipe, the system deletes the snipe altogether.

2. When I try to enter a fresh snipe, nothing happens.
equinoxygene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and two more bugs:

-I tried to edit my "Settings", I got a link at the top telling me that I need to authorize Gixen access to Ebay (something that I have already done when I re-registered).
-When I clicked on the link, I got the following message:

"Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (3). Please repeat the signup procedure."
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to re register because the option to select a link is there... it's an option if the Gixen to Ebay account link has broken for some reason, that isn't necessarily the case here.

I see you have already posted on the other thread I was going to recommend to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.