Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What did I do wrong? got outsniped with the SAME bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itzcuzimuslim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: What did I do wrong? got outsniped with the SAME bid Reply with quote

Got outbid with the SAME bid? Also I set the max bid to $92.30, the bid before me was $72.30

Follow up quetisons

1) I didn't realize a bid could be matched, what happend here, should I set my timeout lower as I get closer to bid, is it possible to automate this if I am not by my computer until the last couple of minutes?

2) I didn't realize my 'max bid' would increment so quckly up two dollars, how do I set the 'increment' lower? I don't see an option for this
itzcuzimuslim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20* dollars to 92 from 72
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the bid history of that item, the winning bid was $93.30, 1 dollar higher than the next highest (yours?). You were outsniped.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winner scheduled a higher bid that was acceptable to Ebay, this might be one of the less common scenarios, but not unexpected, and certainly not indicating there was any issue with the Gixen service.

The auction price was US $76.00 when the bid was submitted and US $79.00 afterwards and then the winning bid of US $93.30 was placed, though it might have been much higher than that, since the bid increment up to $99.99 is $1.00 Ebay only makes that winner pay one dollar more than you were prepared to pay... this is all consistent with the way Ebay (and Gixen) operate.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.