Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Seems e-bay shut the door....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Seems e-bay shut the door.... Reply with quote

Item number: 152578039621

Gixen say I won the auction.
tho another buyer won with a lower winning bid than myself....
had heard e-bay is stopping sniper bids....
maybe something to look into.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems e-bay shut the door.... Reply with quote

Blackeye wrote:
had heard e-bay is stopping sniper bids....
maybe something to look into.....

Does anyone know if eBay is disallowing Snipe bids now? Surprised Shocked Sad Mad I have a bunch scheduled to go for the next couple of days.

Please advise.

Thanks,
David

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I don't know why I'm here as a "Guest" because I'm signed in. When I login up above on this page, I just get the list of my Snipes.

David (Craftique_Cards)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackeye,

You won this auction. Not sure why you think another buyer did. Log in to eBay and check again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

craftique_cards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Test Bid Reply with quote

2017/06/17
Hi,

I've placed a bid to test if Snipes are being blocked by eBay. The problem is that it's 7+ hours away. (Time now: 10:17am Eastern Time)

The Item # is: 172724654763 "Curvy Verses" for anyone who cares to follow the status.

David
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Seems e-bay shut the door.... Reply with quote

Blackeye wrote:
Item number: 152578039621
2017/06/17
Hi,

I just tried to find the above Item Number on eBay and it's gone already. This auction ended yesterday, but you can't see it even with "Completed Items" checked.

I think that's fishy although I haven't checked for something like this before. I wonder if Sniped Auctions are being removed by eBay?

Ooooooh! Conspiracy Theory. I like it! Laughing Cool Very Happy

David (Craftique_Cards)
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Seems e-bay shut the door.... Reply with quote

craftique_cards wrote:
I just tried to find the above Item Number on eBay and it's gone already. This auction ended yesterday, but you can't see it even with "Completed Items" checked.

I think that's fishy although I haven't checked for something like this before. I wonder if Sniped Auctions are being removed by eBay?
2017/06/17
Hi,

UPDATE: To test this, I just checked the Item Number for an item I won already (it's in my Purchase History list.)

The item didn't show up, but when I checked "Completed Items" my item showed up. Now that might be because it's my own item, but I thought I'd share that.

David (Craftique_Cards)
craftique_cards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Test Bid -- SUCCESSFUL! Reply with quote

craftique_cards wrote:
2017/06/17
Hi,

I've placed a bid to test if Snipes are being blocked by eBay. The problem is that it's 7+ hours away. (Time now: 10:17am Eastern Time)

The Item # is: 172724654763 "Curvy Verses" for anyone who cares to follow the status.

David

Some very good news! MY SNIPE FIRED SUCCESSFULLY and I won the auction. To be sure -- I took it all the way through to paying for it, so I won the auction by a Gixen Snipe.

So ALL of our snipes should work fine.

David
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't really a great deal of doubt about it was there ?

With respect to finding sold items... Ebay changed their search so you could no longer find any sold items via the auction number quite a while ago...

If you want to get to their auction page just append:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/

to the front:

eg:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152578039621

and you can still access the page for some months after the auction completes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.