Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

incorrect password notice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pppmiguel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: incorrect password notice Reply with quote

Although Gixen has used my stored eBay password for the past two years without a problem, I was notified when trying to enter a snipe bid at around 2:30 PM today that the password is not recognized by eBay and that there must have been a change or block placed on the password by eBay. Because of three failed attempts, Gixen timed me out for one hour. I contacted eBay security by telephone, and the agent indicated that there has been no change or block on the password from the eBay side of the issue.

After waiting one hour, I reentered the proper eBay password into Gixen, but again received the message that Gixen was timing me out because of three failed attempts.

Why is this happening?
I would like to bid on item162482056425, but never reached that point of entry.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is designed only to check back with Ebay when you enter a password that does not match the last one you successfully entered (via comparison with a one way hash of that password).. so. in order to get suspended by Gixen, you must be entering a password you have not used for Gixen before... perhaps what you think your browser has saved has got corrupted ?...

Have you tried typing everything in from scratch, not using what is saved?
konst999

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem today.
I have two accounts and work with them in different browsers.
After entering incorrect password to one of the account (in Gixen) I was blocked by Gixen in both accounts in both browsers.
But there is no any block on Ebay actually on both accounts. I can login to both and bid in both.
But Gixen keep me blocked.
It's a nonsense.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the exact error message Gixen is giving you ?

Is it related to incorrect credentials being entered, or that your IP address (and hence your computer in general) is completely blocked from using Gixen services ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

Yassier

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Wrong password message, no login Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the same problem.
I tried to login from differend platforms (windows-pc, android-tablett) and I allready changed my ebay-password, but login with gixen always fails.
Message is "Password trifft nicht zu. Konnten Sie nicht einloggen".
Login at ebay-homepage is ok.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the German language version of this site located here:

https://www.gixen.com/de-new/index.php

as opposed to the standard site located here:

https://www.gixen.com/index.php

?

If so, please can you try via the standard site as well and report back here whether you have the same issue then ?
yassier

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, normaly I use the german version.
I tried to login at the standard site, without success.
Password is not match - message appears
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this issue persists for ore than a day or so, Mario now recommends that you do update your password on Ebay, preferably to one that is even more difficult to guess, before trying to log into Gixen again with that new password.

I recommend that you leave at least as day between changing your Ebay password and trying to log in here once more, though I recognize that it may not be very practical to do so. I recommend it because sometimes Ebay treat activity such as changing your password and then logging in from a different location from the one you usually use (like the Gixen server) as suspicious, since it resembles what happens when an account gets compromised.

Please also note that if you ever see extra prompts from Ebay when you log in, like confirming contact details, you should address those immediately, to try to avoid them happening again, since they can present Gixen from being able to log in too.

I also recommend that where Ebay gives you the option you turn off any extra advertising that they propose to provide to you during the process of logging into your account.

If none of that improves the situation, then please contact Mario direct, via email, at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above and include your Ebay id in that communication.
yassier

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as I allready wrote, I changed my ebay-password before, but after three days it still didn't work to login with gixen. Now, one week later, it works suddenly. I don't know why, but I hope it will last.
Thank you for your support
Emmb

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Same thing happenning to me Reply with quote

Hi
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me today as the OP and others that reported same in the replies.

Correct password...double checked
Not stored or copied and pasted...freshly typed
On standard Gixen site not German
Using same device as always
Locked out, waited, tried again, locked out etc

Have changed new ebay password so will wait a day ....no good for my current auction.
Will this keep happening?
Been using ggixen happily for years . Worried faith in gixen compromised for future bids.
Please double check fault is not a bug with gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario does now recommend what you have done, if the problem is persistent... It would appear that, from time to time, Ebay regards certain passwords as not secure enough and then they take action (at least when logging in from a location like the Gixen server) to double check that it is indeed you that is logging in there, unfortunately that also compromises automated sniping which relies on an automated login.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.