Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Password is not a match, but password is correct

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompon3169

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Password is not a match, but password is correct Reply with quote

Hello,
I tried to log in to gixen, but got a "password is not a match" error message. I checked my password on eBay, and tried again since it was correct, but still could not log in. I changed my password, and tried again on the French version (oddly I could still try even if the 1h suspension was still going), and got the same message (but for the fact it was in French Razz ).
I tried changing my password on eBay, but I still cannot log in. Both passwords and username are correct. I checked the forum and there seem to be a recurring issue after eBay asks for security questions and people skip them, but I haven't been ask anything. What is going on? Confused
Thanks for your help
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay sometimes ask these questions only when you log in from a new location.

Unfortunately changing your Ebay password is only likely to make this particular issue worse, not better since to Ebay that action looks even more like someone else is trying to take over your account.

My advice is to wait at least another day before trying to log in to Gixen again since Ebay usually don't continue with their blockages for more than that.

If the issue persists for longer than that please contact Mario direct via email at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, please also include your Ebay id in that email.
michaelnyc123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Password incorrent - unussual characters in PW Reply with quote

the last character in my eBay PW is an asterisk ie * - is that an issue for Gixen that cannot be resolved?
omcar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Password is not a match, but password is correct Reply with quote

Recently (2-3 months) I can’t login in to eBay on Gixen first attempt with stored password and username in Firefox.
If I manually type password I could login.
Now even manually typing in username/password leads to eBay lockout for 1 hour.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Password is not a match, but password is correct

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't use browser-memorized passwords. Type it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.