Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't login to Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Citadelonline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Can't login to Gixen Reply with quote

Gixen says: Password is not a match.
Can log in to ebay no issue.
Citadelonline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Can't login to Gixen Reply with quote

Also, no password or other changes have been made.
Gixen account is suspended now, "too many log in attempts."
Ideas?
Adski

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible for Ebay to refuse valid credentials when you are trying to log in from a remote location, like the Gixen server, even though from your home you are fine.

As per the other threads on this subject, Gixen only suspends your account for an hour... however Ebay may block you from logging in via the Gixen server for a day or so.

So the best advice seems to be to wait 24 hours before trying to log in here again.

Things that cause this behavior by Ebay include:

i> Getting your password wrong in any context, not just when trying to log into Gixen.

ii> Changing the location that you log in from radically.

iii> Just changing your password and then trying to log into Gixen within 24 hours of doing so. Unfortunately, that looks to Ebay like an attempted hack of your Ebay account.

iv> Just bad luck, Ebay has chosen to request further information from you, that Gixen can't provide for you, when you log in via the Gixen server.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Citadelonline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Can't login to Gixen Reply with quote

Can log fine now. Would be curious to know if it's a ebay or Gixen issue.
Have a feelling it's IV> Just bad luck. Shocked
Citadelonline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Happening again Reply with quote

Is this getting to be a regular thing? Not saying it's Gixen, but not good if you have to wait a day or two to log in with only a day or hours left in an auction.
Will try again later today.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run your Ebay id in a certain way (see my previous post above) then I guess it could become a 'regular thing'.

With so many users of Gixen it is likely that at any one time there are several users that have this issue, so it is always going to be regular in that sense.

It doesn't mean that a high percentage of Gixen users are experiencing it though, if that is what you mean ?
Stanley7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Can't login to Gixen Reply with quote

I also have exactly the same problem.

I can log into eBay with no problems. I haven't changed anything recently. The last time I logged into Gixen was a couple of weeks ago.

The only thing that has change since then is Gixen's home page URL. It has changed from gixen.com to gixen.com/index.php so auto-fill didn't function and I had to manually type the password.

I've never not been able to log in to Gixen before.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley7,

I'm not aware of any changes with the redirect and my saved credentials are still active (in Firefox) when I go there.

Gixen doesn't check back with Ebay unless you enter new credentials, first it checks against a one way hash of your password, in order to avoid to many log in requests going to Ebay.

So unless there is some new defect in the Gixen software, you must have entered different credentials from the last time you successfully logged into Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a slight change - home page is now by default redirected to the SSL one. Previously it has been plain http, even though the login has always been sent over SSL.

This is a consequence of some browsers now displaying warning even if login form is place on a non-secure page, not only if target is non-secure. So I had to adjust.

Everything else is the same, however.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Invalid eBay password Reply with quote

I was using Gixen for a while without any problem
I didn't change my eBay password
I got => Invalid password
I try another sniper, and I can connect to eBay
I try with several navigators => chrome, firefox and explorer same problem
Citadelonline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Happening again Reply with quote

Still no luck as of Sun. eve.

Cupid wrote:
If you run your Ebay id in a certain way (see my previous post above) then I guess it could become a 'regular thing'.

None of the points listed above apply to my account.
Quote:
With so many users of Gixen it is likely that at any one time there are several users that have this issue, so it is always going to be regular in that sense.

It doesn't mean that a high percentage of Gixen users are experiencing it though, if that is what you mean ?

I know it's not everyone, but it's not just myself as you can see by other users posting with the same issue.
Even if it's not a high percentage of Gixen users, if it's you it's still a problem.

Can we get a little more specific help with this? So far the general suggestions have not worked.
I'll try to log in again tomorrow.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario has looked at it for specific cases, and has previously stated that the block placed by Ebay is usually IP and Ebay id specific.

That means that though you may be able to log in from many locations... and most other people can log in from the one where Gixen is located, there is a blockage placed by Ebay that specifically prevents an id from logging in via the Gixen server.

With that in mind, there isn't anything general that can be done on the Gixen side to resolve the issue, other than waiting for Ebay to remove the blockage for that account.

It must be due to the specific circumstances that relate to that account that Ebay impose the restriction, not something general that Gixen could be considered responsible for.

I agree that it is frustrating when it is your account affected... but if you can suggest what else Mario could do to help you avoid it happening, I'm sure he is wiling to listen.
Citadelonline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Happening again Reply with quote

Can log in again this morning.

Cupid wrote:

It must be due to the specific circumstances that relate to that account that Ebay impose the restriction, not something general that Gixen could be considered responsible for.

I don't know what specific circumstances could cause intermittent log in problems, I always log in at the web page from the same location and an initial inquiry to eBay shows no special log in actions (captchas) or changes are being initiated by them. If I hear anything new in a follow up I'll post it.
So I have no idea if I will be able to log in next time to add a new eBay snipe.

Quote:
I agree that it is frustrating when it is your account affected... but if you can suggest what else Mario could do to help you avoid it happening, I'm sure he is wiling to listen.

I'm not a programmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.