Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Images missing in Scheduled Bids tab page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisvb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Images missing in Scheduled Bids tab page Reply with quote

Hi Smile

The little thumbnail images of the ebay item photos seem to be missing from my 'Scheduled Bids' (Home) tab page. They seem to have been replaced by a uniform message that at the tiny magnification appears to say something like...

Get 3re-Treh Ready

...or something like that!

Is everyone getting this or is it only me? Should I be worried?

Cheers,

Chris
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got that, exactly... occasionally, I have a 'Winter Car Essentials->' picture which is unexpected.... but the I have my 'Target' set to be the UK site, perhaps you have the US one ?

Not to worry, in any case this is not going to affect sniping at all.

Mario may need to revisit where the images are coming from again, at some point... Ebay break it on regular occasions when they change the listing pages, I believe. They are just a convenience though, not essential to the operation, at all.

Subsequent Update: I edited the snipes that had those unexpected images, and they went back to what I expected... So either Mario has already fixed this, or it was perhaps a temporary glitch ?
microshnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an ongoing glitch that usually clears if you wait a few minutes and edit/save the affected snipe. I have yet to see any rhyme or reason in which listings it hits.
smitty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: It's a bug caused by ebay advertisement Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me several months ago and redoing the snipe made the problem go away. I didn't know the cause, but now I can shed some light.

The "delete and re-enter" fix does NOT work. The graphic is being gleaned from the actual ebay page, and it shows "Get Game-Time Ready".

Since this graphic does NOT appear ALL the time and possibly not for everyone, it may be difficult to chase, since the code may work perfectly for the developer.

Since I am also a developer, I have saved the entire page (with graphics) offline in case it is needed, but I think that the software may be simply "counting" graphics to find the product image and if another image is in the same position, the wrong graphic gets used and this may be the bug.

If the graphic is not "identified uniquely and consistently", I would check the height and width of the graphic to see if the size "makes sense" as an ebay sales graphic. The offending graphics are always small and thin every time.

Hope that helps solve this problem because the graphic is a form of verification that you are bidding on the correct item when there are multiple, similar items being bid on.

Hope that helps.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: It's a bug caused by ebay advertisement

smitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: The images can change Reply with quote

This graphic can change if ebay has that small graphic in the upper line. This is definitely a bug because ebay can add temporary graphics.
microshnik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue with the thumbnails is actually a genuine problem now, as it causes a minor (but highly annoying) change in Gixen's normal behavior.  Sometimes when I add a new snipe, nothing loads where the image should be and the browser "sits and spins" as the whole page never finishes loading; that is, the on-load JS that jumps to the item number input (a feature I've come to depend on) never fires.  The page is still fully functional otherwise, so I can delete the offending snipe and the page subsequently loads to completion.  However, after adding that snipe again, the page goes back to not fully loading and I have to manually stop the browser and scroll to the input field.  Toggling display of images in the settings also toggles the incomplete page-load behavior, but as "smitty" said, the images are a useful piece of information, so disabling them entirely is a less-than-desirable fix. Any idea what's going on with this?
microshnik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now that I've gone and posted that and had my browser crash thereafter, all the images are there after loading it up again. So it might just be me and my wonky old computer. Le sigh.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check this - in the meantime note that, whatever the cause of the problem is - Gixen or your browser, you can disable thumbnails on the Gixen settings page. Snipe list will not look as nice, but snipes will still execute and you can edit them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.