Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Verification code required by eBay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
verity-17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay Reply with quote

I had this message with a some snipes on Gixen before Christmas and now again in January 2017. I have tried to follow previous threads regarding this issue but am unable to undertake any truly technical solutions due to my challenged It ability Confused

Am I right in thinking that if I purchase an annual 'mirror' subscription, this issue will be alleviated, or will it continue to occur?

For information I am in the UK and the auctions affected today are item numbers:
291996821221 (although won by manual bidding)

Many thanks for this fabulous service
[/img]
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might help.. but I suspect not.

It would help if, for some reason, Ebay was only taking sanctions against your account when you tried to place bids via the Gixen Main server.

More likely they are taking more general action, which means both the Main and Mirror servers are likely to be affected if you use them both.

There are other issues that tend to cause Ebay to take this kind of action action... like getting your password wrong a few times, from any location at any time in the few days before you encounter this issue... for that I'd recommend saving credentials in your browser, if it supports that function, to avoid any typing errors while entering credentials.

Another cause could be changing your location often, as far as Ebay are concerned... do you tend to log in from many different locations in a relatively short period of time ?

If none of the above rings any bells, for your particular situation, you may get a more detailed analysis and opinion from Mario himself... since he is the only one that can look behind the scenes at what has happened with your snipes... He can be contacted direct via email at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above... in such emails please always include your Ebay id, along with any example auction ids that are relevant to the issue that you are experiencing.

Last edited by Cupid on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
verity-17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Verification code required by ebay Reply with quote

Thank you so much for you detailed response Mark.

I do save my eBay login and password on my browser so it is very unusual for me to get my password wrong. However, I do use 3 different devices throughout the day to log into eBay (and remain logged in) - work mobile, personal mobile and home laptop. I wonder if this could be the problem? Although I don't think this is an unusual situation.

I shall monitor the situation.

Thank you again for your time and trouble.
yokoono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Verification code required by ebay Reply with quote

I had this problem on a bid last night also. I have none of the symptoms described (i.e., moving machines, changing passwords, etc.) I last changed my password when gixen was hacked by someone in China. Other than that I have made ZERO changes in my bidding habits and bidding location.

If this data helps Mario look at my account for an explanation, great. This concerns eBay item number 112263061603.

Thanks.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Verification code required by ebay

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen was never hacked.

It was attacked once, but that does not even imply it was successfully hacked. It caused problems with the Ebay interaction between Gixen and Ebay that caused snipes to fail... but no credentials were ever compromised.

If you would like a more speedy response from Mario, I do recommend the email route (as detailed above), he is usually able to get back to you within a day or so. He really is the only one able to view your experience in the context of what was happening with all the other snipes Gixen was processing at the time.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm - Gixen was never hacked. While I believe you had no bad intent, it's quite damaging to any site's reputation to say it was hacked. Attacked - yes, hacked - never.

Note that there was a somewhat increased number of captchas inserted by eBay in the past few days. Right now things seem to be back to normal and with no captchas whatsoever, though I cannot be absolutely sure this will remain that way until the peak time tomorrow.
bob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Note that there was a somewhat increased number of captchas inserted by eBay in the past few days. Right now things seem to be back to normal and with no captchas whatsoever, though I cannot be absolutely sure this will remain that way until the peak time tomorrow.

I have noticed over the past couple of days quite a few snipes failing due to captchas. I set quite a number each day and I'd say that 50% of them are currently failing, the other 50% are working fine.. To clarify, I also have no problems placing bids via the proxy. The last failed snipe was at 14 Jan 2017 20:29:24 GMT 262803669534.

Has eBay thrown a spanner in the works?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob,

It is easier for Mario to check specific instances if he knows your Ebay id, I'm guessing that probably isn't 'bob' ?
bob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
It is easier for Mario to check specific instances if he knows your Ebay id, I'm guessing that probably isn't 'bob' ?

No need to look into my specific case. The reference was more info to show the time of my last capchta, as Mario stated there where no captchtas whatsoever; however, I was still experiencing them intermittently.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note, Mario's report was over five hours after your example auction ended.
bob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, my bad, I cocked up the timezone conversion. I calculated this forum as GMT +4, when it was actually GMT -8.

Well I guess that makes there absolutely no problem whatsoever! Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: captchas Reply with quote

In at least one place in eBay that uses captcha,
it obvioiusly is programmed to fail the first captcha.
So, to save time, I always submit with blank captcha,
then enter the new captcha and submit.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no software available that can programmatically interpret a captcha image... that is the whole point of them from the point of view of those, like Ebay, that use them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.