Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Verification code required by eBay, could not log in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hland2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

received starting 10/27/16 about 5:50 EST. Bids prior had no issue.

Tried Gixen proxy and had verification code request on every page. Called Ebay and they were unable to resolve issue using Gixen proxy. No issue with using regular IP.

All future bids were marked CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY

Needed to re-enter or modify to get message off.

Has this issue with Gixen IP address and verification been resolved?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is most likely specific to your Ebay account.

Sometimes Ebay restrict the locations that they are happy for you to log in from, fortunately such measures are usually temporary, however if it persists for more than a day or so please post here again.
hland2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have issues with ALL future bids marked "CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY" especially many days in future bids. Cannot baby sit the snipper - which is one of the reasons of using an online sniper.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One occurrence of Ebay blocking your account from logging in via the Gixen servers causes all your scheduled snipes to be put in that state.

This is to protect both your account from trying to log in when it is blocked and the whole platform as we don't want Gixen looking like it is trying to hack into accounts and get Ebay even more wound up do we?

You did the right thing by enabling the socks proxy... you should only update your snipes, thus re enabling them once you have cleared the issues that you described while that socks proxy is enabled... it shows you exactly what Gixen sees when it tries to access your account.

Once you clear the issue with your account on Ebay it is safe to enable your snipes again... by editing them each in turn without entering any new values.

However, if the issue with your Ebay account is not cleared first, then the first time Gixen encounters the problem again all your snipes are going to get cancelled again.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

hland2000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

I deleted all except 2 within 24 hour period of the start of the incident and the 2 I left in gixen executed correctly, so all is back to status quo.
hland2000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a nice feature if this issue occurs and future bids get marked cancelled that the account gets tested again in 12 hours to see if issue is resolved and automatically reinstated the bids. (A "reinstate all" button would also be nice with an immediate test and reinstate.)

BTW, just editing without changing value amount did not change it from CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY to SCHEDULED.
whburlingjr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Mark,

Please say in English what I need to do to cope with the above message.

Do I delete all gixen bids and start over? Do I need to do anything else?
Can I just get away with changing the bids by one dollar? so that the remainder of my bids can be placed?

How do i prevent that event from happening again? I wonder when that message occured. Did it occur when Gixen attempted to place the bid? Since I gave gixen 6 minutes....would I have had time to respond by manually bidding?

I sensed from one of your messages...that ebay occasionally does whatever they did to block my gixen so as to reduce sniper effectiveness. Is that correct?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay don't do these things to intentionally block snipers.

They do them as measures to protect accounts from being compromised by malicious third parties.... Unfortunately, sniping services also occasionally get caught in the crossfire.

It would appear that Mario has detected another rise in the occurrence of this issue with snipes coming from Gixen servers. Please see his post on this thread:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8139

My advice at this time would be to make sure all your snipes are covered by a Mirror subscription, and await further word from Mario on this forum (not necessarily this thread).

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total
gmsmoke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: I had high bid and it was not accepted Reply with quote

I had high bid and my bid did not get in. Gixen said that my ebay # was not connected to my paypal # but that can;t be right, because I just bought stuff the other day. Never had a problem with Gixen before. ???

351933284682 item number
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I had high bid and it was not accepted Reply with quote

gmsmoke wrote:
I had high bid and my bid did not get in. Gixen said that my ebay # was not connected to my paypal # but that can;t be right, because I just bought stuff the other day. Never had a problem with Gixen before. ???

351933284682 item number

Sellers can place a specific block on auctions that prevents bids being placed if you do not have your PayPal account linked to your eBay account. You may want to check your eBay settings to make sure your PayPal account is linked.

Using PayPal checkout to pay with a credit card is not the same thing as having a PayPal account and having it linked to your eBay account.[/u]
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Rickajho says, this is a specific option that can be chosen by a seller on any listing, at any time... but most don't.. so you can go for a long time bidding on Ebay and paying with Paypal before you encounter a seller that has set this option preventing your bid from being accepted.

The solution is simple, you just need to go to the 'Account' tab, once logged on to Ebay, then select 'Paypal account' and the option is there for you. Note on that page once you have linked your accounts it says:

'Important: If you remove the link between your eBay and PayPal accounts, you'll have to go through a few extra steps each time you buy items from sellers who require a confirmed PayPal account as their payment method.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.