Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesseclawson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY Reply with quote

CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY. Question
I have been working on this for hours, I've lost over 50 bids,.
Now n then one goes through.
There was a two bids that would have made me .
I told a friend about it and he said he would bid through Gixen as well
The seller had 2 items; One was a hand made 24k cups with a expensive cognac in a custom hand carved design,
on a bocote wood box, lined in satin.

The seller removed one because he didn't get any bids at that point, though I had  on it through Gixen,, the other was the same thing only with a saint Remy  bottle worth even more,
I put a snip in at ,
Both were worth over , also had a plaque and 2 awards for his hand made cups with 2 Ruby and 1 emerald, silver plated n laced in 24 CT gold design.
I think would have been the best buy I've ever made on Ebay.
My friend mad a bid on the gixen snipe on the first for ,
but it was removed before by the seller before the gixen snipe,
Plus my friend made a second Gixen bid of  on the second item.
He won the bid and I got CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY,, though I had almost twice the bid I lost,,

, I checked password n the user name ID and everything I could think of but nothing works, So finally I thought I would us the supportATgixen.com
to see if I could get some help, but it also doesn't work
Ive dont think Ive ever tried to use it, but perhaps my last post got me blacklisted for because my last post was as big as this one..lol
, I've reloaded , stopped my adblock and n ghostery,,
even removed all my extensions and reload.
I also researched proxies for 2.5 hours yesterday,
but still have no clue what to do.

I've made a post but got no answer, so this is my final post,,
I have payed for gixen, and lost close or over 50 bid just this week,
And despite all my hours of work I have no idea what to do,,
I'm feeling sick to my stomach over all this,,
I would rather pay  per month, n have this bug fixed.
But I would like to thank you for having a free site, with lost cost for extra options, I hope this site brings u all u ever wanted, And I'm sorry to complain, You have done a good thing and when you not being paid it must be difficult to fix these
Please help me, or shoot me, I apologize for the lengthy inquiry..email is jesseklawsonATyahoo.com ,( not the one I use for gixen) Than you Crying or Very sad
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This typically has something to do with your eBay account and activity on the account. One thing that comes to mind:

You said you are bidding a lot - over 50 snipes in play. If you are placing snipes on auctions that end at exactly the same time eBay flags that as suspicious account activity and will insert the captcha requirement.

The workaround for auctions ending at exactly the same time is to use different bid offsets for those auctions. There is a practical limit to how many snipes you can place doing this, of course. (I hate it when sellers put up a ton of auctions that all have the same end time.)

Are you able to log in at eBay and place a bid there at this point without a captcha popping up?
thesupe87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing is happening to me.

I can log into ebay, but the first attempt gives me an Ebay login issue - "Oops, that's not a match" then I have to enter 6 digits. My account must have gotten flagged too.

How long before ebay unflags you?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually it's a day or so before Ebay works as before again... if it takes longer than that, then contact Mario via email.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

thesupe87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid - your replies are much appreciated.

To update EVERYONE on what ebay told me over the phone... that whole "Oops, that's not a match" dialog and 6 digit verification code entry thing is happening to a lot of users, and it is a technical support issue. The kind Indian lady on the phone told me it was the 6th time today she got a call-in about it.

Let's just hope it stops doing that, and everything goes back to working again in a day or two Very Happy Very Happy
Barrelhouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a possible solution to the 6-digit CAPTCHA annoyance that happens every time you load an Ebay page.

I had the Gixen/Ebay Verification issue that happens now and then, and so I followed the instructions to change my browser to use the Gixen proxy (the instructions say that you can switch back to automatic proxy, but I decided to leave it for awhile to be safe). The snipes started working again, but after a few days Ebay started making me enter a CAPTCHA every time I loaded a page (insanely annoying). I tried many things - called Ebay, cleared all cookies, etc., restarted computer, restarted mode - with no effect.

Then I switched my Proxy server back to automatic and the CAPTCHA annoyance stopped immediately.

This probably won't affect many people, but I thought I'd mention in just in case.
thesupe87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear... this is getting annoying. Ebay is doing the anti-bot thing again, and it's stopping my snipes from working. I can log in to Gixen, but I'm getting "CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY" again.

I logged in from a few different IP addresses today, in my travels. I don't see how this should have mattered. I think this is just an ebay issue.

Thanks, ebay! Now I have to manually bid again. I wish there was a workaround for whenever this stuff happens.
thesupe87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to post an update... now it's back to working again. My imported watchlist has each item stuck at "CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY" but once I modify each item / snipe, it seems to be working now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY only happens after Gixen tries to log into your account and Ebay stops it doing so by presenting the Gixen server with a Captcha image.

Editing the snipes that have been canceled will certainly re-enable them.

However, if Ebay continues to impose those restrictions on your account the next time Gixen tries to log in to place the bid, they will all get cancelled again.

So, can you confirm that the snipes are actually being executed correctly, when the auctions end, on your account now?
Silvervixen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having issues with the ebay verification check canceling my bids. Any updates or suggestions to get gixen working correctly again?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Silvervixen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please disregard my above post. I was able to use different solutions suggested online and think my Gixen and eBay account is currently fixed. Hopefully it stays that way!
Rickajho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won two auctions - both ending at exactly the same second - using the Chicago main server - with no captcha errors. Why do I feel so... dirty?

Mr. Green
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably you chose different offsets for them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.