Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Blocked Snipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajaron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Blocked Snipes Reply with quote

Well, so much for that. I had 7 bids set to snipe. The 1st one went off fine. I even won that auction. Then I got 6 of these.

CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY

So what's up with this?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have had a snipe fail at least on one server before those cancellations were made.

Gixen does it when Ebay imposes sanctions on your account logging in via the Gixen server, by displaying captcha images that effectively block any sniping service.

Have you got your password wrong in any circumstance over the past few weeks, or radically changed the location from which you normally log on?

Both can cause this issue.

AS I say, Gixen cancels all future snipes on your account, when this occurs.. this is, in order to protect your account from any further action being taken against it by Ebay.

Thankfully, Ebay usually lifts such restrictions after a day or so... but if you find this is an ongoing issue with your account then please let us know some example auction ids so that it can be looked into in more detail.

If you prefer not to post them here you can use the support email address provided on the Contact tab above to talk directly to Mario.. always include your Ebay id in such emails, please.
bajaron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Blocked Snipes Reply with quote

That, of course, is exactly what happened. I think eBay randomly challenges sign in's. I see that if GIXEN had continued to attempt signing in eBay would have locked me out.

Here is a listing of this snipe sequence.

322352489811 - WON
322352492127 - Verification code required by eBay, could not log in
222338634369 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
322352494441 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
322352495295 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
222338638201 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
222338639046 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
322352499553 - CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is right, when Ebay puts up a block, Gixen continuing to log into that account can cause Ebay to take more radical action against your Ebay account, which is best avoided.

Is it coincidence that all these auctions were with the same seller?

Take care not to get your account associated with too few sellers, that can cause Ebay to start suspecting shill bidding, and again take action. I doubt that was the case here with just two auctions having actually caused any action from Gixen.

I'd advise trying again, some of those auctions were re-listed.

However, if exactly the same happens again, and it is more than a day later I'd perhaps get Mario to look into it further, by contacting him via email.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

bajaron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all from the same seller. Can't help that. He has stuff that I want. I may try contacting him and see if I can get a deal on the entire lot. If not I may try sniping them again. I'm not worried about eBay messing with my account. I can get that fixed. But in the meantime I lose the stuff I'd really like to get.

Thanks for all your help. I know it isn't GIXEN. I've used 2 other snipe programs over the last doze years and never had a problem like this. Then again, I probably didn't try to snipe as many listings this close together. I've got a feeling it will happen again for the reasons you mention. I'd call eBay but they don't like 3rd party snipe programs (as I'm sure you are aware) so probably more likely to get a lecture than any support from them.
thesupe87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is well again for me... ebay fixed whatever was broke. How's it working for you today?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.