Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harmonyjoyride

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: price Reply with quote

Hi,

I was just wondering, does Gixen automatically bid your highest price in the auction? Or does it bid only as high as it needs to?

joel
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel, Gixen submits your highest bid to ebay, and then ebay proxy bidding takes over.

P.S. By the way, this same question has been answered at least five times in the forum already, and also in the FAQ.
harmonyjoyride

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: price Reply with quote

Thanks, Mario. Sorry to be redundant, but I've looked in the FAQ and was not about to wade through 2000 forum posts. It seems to me that it could be more clearly explained in the FAQ, since there are likely thousands who, like me, did not find t there.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: price Reply with quote

harmonyjoyride wrote:
Thanks, Mario. Sorry to be redundant, but I've looked in the FAQ and was not about to wade through 2000 forum posts. It seems to me that it could be more clearly explained in the FAQ, since there are likely thousands who, like me, did not find t there.

Perhaps you could suggest a better form of wording for the FAQ that would be more undrstandable for new users?... We here all know how it works and so perhaps from our position of familiarity we are not the best to explain it?

This is what it says on this subject at the moment:

Quote:
If I enter my maximum bid in Gixen, will I have to pay that amount if I win?

Not necessarily (except for Dutch auctions). All Gixen does is enter your bid on eBay just before the auction closes, and then eBay's proxy bidding system takes over. The winning bid amount will be the second-highest bid plus up to one increment, which could be much less than your maximum bid. Thus, you should always enter your maximum bid in Gixen, just as you would if you entered it manually directly on eBay. An important exception are Dutch (multiple-item) auctions, in which you pay what you enter (provided you win).

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: price

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You both may be right... I probably lost a sense of how it looks like to brand new users. I'll see that I add more questions to the FAQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.