Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Check if Multiple Auction End Times Conflict Upon Add?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itstillgood

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Check if Multiple Auction End Times Conflict Upon Add? Reply with quote

Hi! I'm just starting to use Gixen and reading through the forums. A frequent problem that seems to come up is accidentally adding multiple auctions that end too close to each other and subsequently having all of the bids fail and the eBay account locked for 2 or more days. This may have been proposed already, but are there any plans to check if multiple auctions end at or near the same time when we add auctions? I understand it would probably be too much to check if auction times keep changing, but they could at least be checked when added against the user's existing auctions to see if they conflict, and perhaps a warning posted on the add auction page as well?
itstillgood

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that I added 2 auctions just now, just to test, that end within a minute of each other, and there was no warning given, nor one posted on the active bids page.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within a minute is not a problem.

Exactly the same second... when you have exactly the same offset... that is a problem... and then there is already a warning on the snipes page when you add the second snipe... though it appears that some choose to ignore it... and then come here when it turns out badly.
bob

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely second this request.

As I upload a number of snipes each day via csv, for Gixen automatically recognise two, or more, auctions finishing at the same time and dropping one of them (maybe the auction with the closest bid to price).

Although, dropping/suspending both snipes as appose to account lockout would be the lesser of two evils, from my side of the fence at least.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.