Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

'Add New Snipe' box location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunshine_bargains

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: 'Add New Snipe' box location Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a new user to Gixen and am very pleased with the reliable service it provides. I tend to bid on a lot of auctions at any one time, and the main snag I have is that with the Add New Snipe box being beneath all current auctions, I need to scroll down the page continually to add a new snipe - the more auctions I am bidding on, the further I have to scroll. By simply moving this box to the top of the page above current snipes, it would iradicate this need and make the experience a lot easier. A minor niggle, I know, but just a suggestion for admin, I dont think it would be an inconvenience to anyone for it to be relocated? Thanks for listening, Cheers to all.
Bron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I also think this would help with the EDIT issue where some users don't realize it's a delete/insert type edit. The warning message is at the top on the page and the entry fields at the bottom, so putting both at the top seems logical and helpful.

Good suggestion!
Bron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: The greasemonkey add-on addresses this quite well. Reply with quote

The greasemonkey add-on script really addresses this issue quite well. Once you start using it, this really becomes a non-issue as you never add items on the page directly. The EDIT issue remains though.
GaryKyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Seconded! Reply with quote

I second this suggestion - it's what I came here to recommend. I don't know what the Greasemonkey script is, though, but also not sure I'm really that interested as the main Gixen page does everything I want very gracefully, except for this issue and the one where delete buttons are replaced with checkboxes (lower down the suggestions forum). I think that's a great idea, too.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Seconded!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.