Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Multi-Edit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Multi-Edit Reply with quote

Let say I just added a bunch of silmilar items in my Gixen list on Ebay, then I import that list in Gixen.

That would be cool if I could selectect them all andinstaed of DELETE I,d also have the EDIT option, so I could set them all at say 1,00 $, group 5 (or no group) ...
Then later if needed I still can edit them one by one. or simply seàlect a buch of item and set them all at the same price if it is what I want...

Well you get the idea Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, but not sure how to implement this and not confuse users at the same time. I will think about it.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess people would see the difference between DELETE and EDIT for the 4-5 items they selected in their loist. Nothing new for anyone. We alredy have that function Ebay :

[ ](all) [ EDIT ] [ DELETE ]

[x] Item 1
[ ] Item 2
[x] Item 3
[ ] Item 4
[x] Item 5
[ ] Item 6

[x] Item 17
[ ] Item 18

Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us that do not list things for sale on Ebay...

What is the format that you would expect of a page that was the result of pushing the 'Edit' button?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not list things on Ebay either, . Well let say you check multiple items in your list, just like you check those you want to delete...

At the top you'd now have 2 buttons, the existing one [ DELETE], and a new one [EDIT] ...

If you click this one [ EDIT ], then at the top (or bottom, depending of your actual config) you'd have the very same thing as when you edit ONE item. Beside the Item number would say 'Multiple' ...

Of course you need to be careful, but worst case scenario, you rinse and repeat. It is still less dangerous than deleting a bunch of snipe, at worst you changed a bunch of snipes at ex $1.00 Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Cupid, Maybe I misunderstood your question (I'm french) Wink

Well that would be the very same as now, you selected a bunch of items that you want to put them all at say $2.50.

So you enter 2.50 in price and click [ MODIFY ] , then you would have the very same as when you edit one, they are all now at $2.50...

You cold as well have all your now editing items in highlighted in Red as it is now...

That would be cool for similar items that you just lost last one and want to raise remaining ones a bit, or a bunch of different items that you want to put all at 2.00 . Lets say after you imported your Gixen-List. You could select them all and put a price for all of them at once...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you understood my question just fine.. and thank you for the detailed responses.

Your suggestion is one of quite a few possibilities for such a function, including, but not limited to:

1> Multiple lines on the same page as at present, all to be edited separately but updated in one go at the end,

2> A different page entirely that just contains the fields to be edited while that process is in progress, and then returning to the Main snipes page only when the process of update is complete.

3> Allowing updates to be made to snipes in place on the existing page... Which I think might perhaps then involve the use of some different technology in the user interface area of the website... That is the way interfaces on other sites appear to be going...
Code:
but I think I actually personally prefer a more simple approach to the interface than the way things are going elsewhere... but perhaps I am just turning into what my parents used to call an 'old fogey'. Don't worry if this paragraph makes no sense in the rest of Europe even after translation... I am aware that it won't make much sense even to most British people :-)

All in all, I agree with Mario that the actual details of how such a function appears and how it works in detail would need some consideration before it were implemented.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I think you understood my question just fine.. and thank you for the detailed responses.

2> A different page entirely that just contains the fields to be edited while that process is in progress, and then returning to the Main snipes page only when the process of update is complete.

All in all, I agree with Mario that the actual details of how such a function appears and how it works in detail would need some consideration before it were implemented.

That would be nice... So you check the ones (array) you want to batch edit, then [ EDIT ], ... new page with only checked items and the new info you want to put for them (item number : multiple), then [ MODIFY ] ... loading.. return to Main page.. Sounds easy to me... Maybe available only to Mirror clients.. Fair enough Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.