Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unknown error (3) NOT FIXED!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Unknown error (3) NOT FIXED! Reply with quote

I have lost out on two auctions in a row due to an Unknown Error which I reported to you last week Mario. You said you would fix it but you have not because it happened again. Why are you not replying to my emails?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you haven't given me time to respond - you sent your first email only 4 hours ago. And I usually look at the forum first.
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the reply but.....I reported this Last week. It's the second time this has happened now with the same eBay seller. Do you want me to paste the screen shots on here with the dates on? I sent them to you by email last week & you replied.
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a screenshot on Monday 28th Sept which was the first error & again today. Last week you said there were log in issue. I expected it to be working ok now but it failed again today.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonbop,

I just checked my inbox, and cannot find that email. I really don't have a habit of leaving anything unresolved - so if that was the case please re-send even that old email, I would like to take another look.

As for this auction, it failed because eBay required another login after one clicks on "Confirm Bid" button. I have seen this happen in the past for various reasons, but I do not know why they require this from you now. It could be account related, e.g. if you need to accept or acknowledge something. The only way to find out is to place a bid manually, preferably by using the same item category and/or the same seller. I wish I could be more helpful than this.
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I don't think so. Previously you said there was a log in error on eBay. Now you are saying something else. If this wass the case how come all my other snipes worked fine?
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are your previous replies with the dates.

On 29/09/2015 08:38, Gixen wrote:
> You probably ask about 151824815892. Unfortunately it seems that there was an ebay login issue around that time that caused quite a few items to fail. My apology about that, I am still looking at what exactly happened.
>
> Mario.

On 05/10/2015 23:15, Gixen wrote:
> I need some time to investigate this. At this point I am not sure what happened.
>
> Mario.
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later the same day you said....

On 29/09/2015 00:51, Gixen wrote:
> I can check what happened if you let me know what the item id is, I cannot see it on this screen.
>
> There is no phishing attack, all that page contains is what ebay returned to Gixen. How Bit defender works, and why it recognized it as phishing attack, I have no idea, but I doubt that ebay's own html page contains any attack.
>
> Mario.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 29/09, I found that there was a temporary widespread issue with logins. I did not investigate each case separately. The response of 05/10 is yesterday's response that I just sent you, not response to any previous issue.
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mario, I just received this reply from the eBay seller

Just had a very nice and helpful chat with someone from eBay a and there HAS been a problem on our eBay that blocked people bidding on at least that item (and some others) which they have now sorted. I have therefore amended the cost back to 99p - so feel free to bid!

Hopefully it will work next time I bid.

Don't know if this has been any help Mario but I am still confused as to why eBay would block buyers from bidding.
moonbop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay refute that anything was wrong & say I should speak to Gixen. They also said that the allegations of the seller are doubtful.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonbop,

I do not know what was wrong exactly. I do know that eBay returned another login screen when Gixen was not expecting it - at the final confirmation of the bid. Why this happened - it's hard to say.

You may find out if you bid manually on another item in the same category from the same seller.
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have placed manual bids on this account 20 mins ago with no issues. I have experienced the same Unknown Error (3) again & another error Verification code required by eBay, could not log in
Why did this snipe fail?.

I sent you screen shots earlier. This is now the fifth auction in a row that I have lost Mario. What is going on?

Am I the only person this is happening to?
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to eBay & they say that because I can log in & bid manually there are no verification issues with my account & therefore the problem is with Gixen.
moonbop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is HTML considered spam? How do I post a screen shot Mario?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen shots are best sent via email.

Have you had instructions on setting up the Gixen socks proxy in your browser so that you can perhaps help debug this yourself with your browser bidding via the Gixen server?.. If not that might be the next step in tracking this one down... it does appear to be something specific to your account, based on you being the only one reporting the issue, at the moment.
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bid manually with no problems. Just can use Gixen. It fails every time & gives different errors every time. I sent screen shots of the errors yesterday but have not yet received a reply from anyone at Gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only Mario manning the desk to respond to emails, please give him a chance... even he needs to rest occasionally. He also has to work full time to be able to support his family, because the income that this site generates wouldn't support a family on its own.

The fact that you are able to bid from your own computer/IP is good... but, unfortunately, it doesn't mean that Ebay will always accept bids from you from everywhere in the same fashion... which is why you may need to use the Gixen socks proxy, so that your Ebay activity is coming from the Gixen server as far as Ebay are concerned... it might be that only then do you see what the issue is and be able to resolve it.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
moonbop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed all the instructions below for Firefox but it made no difference at all. I just got a log in screen saying "were freshening up sign up" with no other option other than to continue on to my ebay.

I changed my passwork last week.

I know manual bids are working as I sucsssfully bid on 3 items yesterday & was not asked for any other input.

I disabled proxy.

Now you are saying I have to hope it will work next time I use it. I am rather doubtful. I dont' want risk winning an item I dont want & I dont want to risk losing an item I do want.

What do you suggest I do?

If you are seeing this page, it is likely that your account requires phone or text verification by eBay.
You have to complete this verification from Gixen IP address in order for Gixen to be able to place bids for you.
Here are steps on how to do it:

1. Please log out of ebay, clear all ebay cookies in your browser (important).
2. Setup your web browser to use Gixen socks server as illustrated on images below.
3. Verify (see below these steps) that you are connected to the proxy server by refreshing this page.
4. If you haven't changed your eBay password since May 21st, please do so immediately. /reset as to why.

5. After you are done with this, you have to place a manual bid (on any auction). eBay may (or may not) ask you to verify your account (the same way it asks Gixen), and you have to complete this verification if asked to do so.
6. If you wish to disable proxy in your browser, you can do so now, it's likely no longer needed. It doesn't hurt, however, to leave it on for a while, e.g. a week or so. Only your Gixen and eBay traffic is routed through it, nothing else.
7. Schedule a snipe. It should work now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonbop wrote:
I followed all the instructions below for Firefox but it made no difference at all. I just got a log in screen saying "were freshening up sign up" with no other option other than to continue on to my ebay.

That could well be the reason that Gixen is not working for you... that is the first I have heard of such a message... and if it always appears on your account the Gixen software would quite possibly have to be changed to recognise and get around it.

I would recommend that you snipe manually until after you hear back from Mario on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.