Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Import eBay Watch list into Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Import eBay Watch list into Gixen Reply with quote

If you want to speed up process of setting up snipes, now there is a new feature for that - just click on "Import Watch List" button, and Gixen will import all items from your watchlist:

1) That have not ended yet
2) Auction only, buy-it-now-only items will not be imported
3) Import will be skipped for items that you already have a scheduled snipe for.

Maximum bid will be set to 0.00, which means the snipe is disabled. After doing an import, you have to edit snipes to set the maximum bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might be popular...

I had better not try it as it would always add nearly 200 items that I have no intention of sniping... and if you extended this to include other lists (that eBay now allow you to set up), several hundred Embarassed
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, it would be useful to have a wizard, that would allow users to select individual items from Watch list to snipe. But let's see first how this goes.
crisleeloo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I think this might be popular...

I had better not try it as it would always add nearly 200 items that I have no intention of sniping... and if you extended this to include other lists (that eBay now allow you to set up), several hundred Embarassed

I'm on this boat too Embarassed

Maybe I'll change my habits thanks to this great new feature.

Great feature Mario. If you could do what Mark suggested it would be even better.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,

This is not working when you have cars in your watch list.

Sent you an e-mail with more details.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been fixed now, thank you for reporting the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Watch list item notes Reply with quote

Gees Mario.
I have already extended my mirror membership out ten years and you keep adding this great stuff, I am going to have to add 5 more years to mirror membership.
1.) PLEASE put up a Voluntary Donation Button somewhere. I do not think any good folks will be aggravated by a "Voluntary Donation to Support Enhancements" button. You are doing marvelous things and I think you will be surprised at the donations you will get.

This may be covered in some other post but I have only been on board about one month and have not had time to read the many, many posts.

2.)Will the watch list notes also come over? Or please link me to where to go read how to include notes on my Gixen bid board.
3.)Also how do I get back to the bidding board from here without having to log in again? Possibly you could add another tab up top that says bid board or what ever you call that screen.

I am so darn busy how did I survive before Gixen? At least now I get a full night's sleep. Thank Mario.

An extremly satisfied user, Paul
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Watch list item notes Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
2.)Will the watch list notes also come over? Or please link me to where to go read how to include notes on my Gixen bid board.

I don't know whether notes are currently imported though I doubt it. It might be possible to extend the facility to do so in the future.

It is possible to set up notes here on Gixen this was announced here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2328

Anonymous wrote:
3.)Also how do I get back to the bidding board from here without having to log in again? Possibly you could add another tab up top that says bid board or what ever you call that screen.

You do have to log in again to get to what most of us call the 'snipes page' from here.

If I want to go between both quickly what I do is open a new tab in my browser and have this forum in one with my snipes page in another.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Demelza

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Import eBay Watch list into Gixen Reply with quote

mario wrote:
If you want to speed up process of setting up snipes, now there is a new feature for that - just click on "Import Watch List" button, and Gixen will import all items from your watchlist:

1) That have not ended yet
2) Auction only, buy-it-now-only items will not be imported
3) Import will be skipped for items that you already have a scheduled snipe for.

Maximum bid will be set to 0.00, which means the snipe is disabled. After doing an import, you have to edit snipes to set the maximum bid.

Would it be possible to add a fourth condition
(4) Import will be skipped for items which have previously been imported, and have been deleted from the snipe list ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Import eBay Watch list into Gixen Reply with quote

Demelza wrote:

(4) Import will be skipped for items which have previously been imported, and have been deleted from the snipe list ?

Why? I would expect you would delete it from the watchlist as well?

I am not sure that's the desired behaviour anyway, users may still want such item re-imported.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the solution here is to put items that you don't want to snipe, but still want to keep track of, on another list and remove them from your Watch List before you import it to Gixen, as Mario suggests.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Import list not working. So, I tried again. Still no import. Both are items from same seller, Auction to close in 9 hours. No buy it now, though there was at the beginning.

251043921247 is one of the items.

DemostiX
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported it with no issues. If you bid on this item before, import may not import it. Have you tried to add it manually instead of using import?
kwokka66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A request for a change for this feature:

Currently when you import an watch list and you have Notifications turned on, it generates an "Outbid" email for every new item it imports. This is annoying, as it happens for items you haven't bid on or intend sniping on.

Can this be changed so it doesn't generate these emails on import?

Love your service, by the way.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are absolutely right, notifications should not be sent for these. I just corrected this, thank you for letting me know.
mikebau

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Import Watch List Reply with quote

"just click on "Import Watch List" button, and Gixen will import all items from your watchlist:"

WHERE is the "Import Watchlist" button?

I use Gixen Free and I know I have once imported my watch list but now I can't find the button anywhere despite searching every nook and cranny. Perhaps I need new spectacles?

The Desktop icon takes me straight to my schedule; the eBay "add to Gixen" takes me to a form for registering a bid. No button.... and no other screen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikebau, are you using Gixen Desktop Manager? Import button is available only on the web interface.
mikebau

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: importing Watch List Reply with quote

Mario

Thanks for prompt reply; yes, I'm using the Desktop Manager.

I'd be delighted to try with the Web Interface if I knew how to get to it......

Please tell me how - And how I could have found out about it without taking your time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikebau,

The web interface is accessed by logging in to this site.

You do this by entering your ebay username and password in the boxes above and then pressing the 'Log in Now' button on the right.
mikebau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: importing Watch List Reply with quote

Many thanks.

I just knew it would be something too simple for me to fathom. Rolling Eyes
fonaticalbuyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Would be great to have a 'default values screen' at import time, sort of like a batch mode:

Click import Watch List, a screen appears asking roughly the same questions that AutoSnipe asks (bid value, group, offset...) then those values are applied to all imported items.

Would save a whole load of time assigning imported Watch List items to a group, specifying the bid amounts etc.

Cheers,

Steve
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I agree, but it sounds like a very complicated feature to implement, e.g. import wizard of a kind.
newbie123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using gixen for a couple days and already saved myself much more money then the mirror account that I bought. THANK YOU!

But I have 1 question about importing the watch list. It is missing all my items that I am already winning with my bid on ebay.
Some sellers have their settings wrong and I can only bid when I change my adress. So with those sellers I have to test every auction that I want with a min bid to see if I am am able to bid with my regular adress.
After that I want to add a snipe on gixen after importing my watchlist, but these auctions don't show up.

Is there any way to fix this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for this is of technical nature - items that you bid on previously are shown differently in the watchlist, making import more difficult. I will review this soon to see if I can have it fixed.
newbie123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks!
Would be great if it were possible Smile
milos3108

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: import list Reply with quote

Good morning,
Anyone can tell me why my imported list just shows about 1/4 of my watch list?
Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milos3108,

How many items do you have in your watchlist? Note that Gixen will not import ended auctions, buy-it-now-only items and items on which you already placed a bid.
Newbie12345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing my watchlist also only add about 25 items and not more.
I think I have more then 70 items active in my watchlist at the moment.

Not that big of a problem for me as I always add my bids at the end of every day. But if you want to add bids a couple days ahead then it would be nice if the watchlist can be imported fully Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie12345 wrote:
Importing my watchlist also only add about 25 items and not more.
I think I have more then 70 items active in my watchlist at the moment.

If you increase the number of auctions displayed on a page, by Ebay, does that increase the number of items that are imported by Gixen?

I am not sure whether the number of auctions displayed on a page is stored in the account information at Ebay, or on the computer that you use so that may not make any difference even if Gixen is only processing the first page.
policepro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Import watch list not working for me? Reply with quote

I just tried to import my watch list of regular auction items and it would not work. Any suggestions?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you receive any error messages when you tried the import?

The first check should be that you have not already placed a bid on them... and (as you have already said) that the are not Buy It Now only items.

Then if the problem persists please provide examples of the items on your watch list which are not being imported... it might also be useful if you could say which is you main target site on the Gixen 'Settings' page.
studs_up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Import Watch List Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Does the 'Import Watch List' feature only import the items on the first page of my Watch List? For example, I have 40 items on my eBay Watch List but only the first 25 are imported into my snipe list.

Is there any way to import them all?

Thanks,
Tom
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, there is a limit, but much higher, around 200 I believe. Please email me, I need to know what your ebay username is.
wnorman71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: I cannot import my watch list. Reply with quote

This feature formerly worked, but has stopped working for me. I have just renewed my mirror service.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnorman71, if import watchlist doesn't work, please add items manually. This feature has sometimes been blocked by ebay recently, but items can still be added manually.
dennden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Importing not working again Reply with quote

The import watch list feature is no longer working for me again for the past week or so. Has Ebay changed something again?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mario wrote on this recent thread:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7231

mario wrote:
Frequent use of ebay watchlist import can cause eBay to insert captcha images, disabling the feature. Once that happen, you have no choice but to insert snipes manually. I would wait at least 24 hours before trying watchlist import again, and even then I would use it sparingly.

paulbryan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Watchlist not importing items that are winning Reply with quote

I really like the service and the import of Gixen/Watchlist.

It seems to not import items that I am currently winning.

Is that Gixen code or something different about the items in the list that makes them not available to import.

I sometimes bid on an item at a really low amount (or a first bid) then want to add that to Gixen for the Last Bid.

Thanks for the great system.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a feature of Gixen that items you have already placed a bid on are never imported from your watch list.

The reason that Mario gave was that they are Ebay represents them slightly differently in your watch list after you place a bid on them.
paulbryan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Multiple Edit-Selected Reply with quote

What about a feature to change the price/group for all items checked?

The checkbox at the front of the item is only for use in multiple Delete.

Could this be changed to select items, then click an Edit-Selected button, then only be able to change price and Group. One price and one group for all selected.

This is my process ....
#1 Search Ebay for items
#2 Add them to Gixen List or Watch List
#3 import 10-20 items
#4-#24 Click edit, change price, change group, click save (rinse and repeat).
Hihihi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: So no watch list import? Reply with quote

When I login I don't have that option anymore.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the 'Import Watch List' button at the top of my display... However, I never use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: