Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What about postage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: What about postage? Reply with quote

Is it possible to have the postage cost of the item displayed alongside the current bid price?

Regards,

Phil
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it isn't possible to have Gixen do that for you.

It would be extremely difficult to implement a method for the values being accurate for all users... and even if it were possible would require the Gixen server to log into Ebay as yourself when the snipe is set up... that causes other major issues... and it currently does not have to do that...

You are much better off doing it yourself manually.

You can enable comments on Gixen and store the value there if you want it displayed on Gixen.
Ramona

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that displaying postage would be extremely difficult (it would need to know where you are in the world, and, if the seller offers it, which class of shipping you want to choose).

There are a couple of bugs in the Comments field implementation, however:
1) The GBP (GBP ) symbol is removed. This doesn't happen to USD ($) or EURO (€) symbols.
2) On any comments that I add via GDM, all spaces are replaced by "%20".

NOTE: when previewing this message, I noticed that the forum software has removed the UK pound symbol and replaced it with "GBP ". Why on earth would it do that, especially when it's not consistent across currency symbols?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are issues with storing pound symbols in the Gixen database because it does not handle special characters.

This is also why some special characters are replaced when they occur in item titles.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

jupiter32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What about postage? Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Is it possible to have the postage cost of the item displayed alongside the current bid price?

Some sellers counter sniping on unbid items by raising the postage price in the last minutes, congrats your bid 0.01 postage $500.

This happened to me when I was bidding on a few 1c items to get my feedback score up luckily I only paid $5 on postage whereas when I lined up the bid in gixen postage was free on the auction and the seller changed the postage price.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jupiter32,

As you say that can happen only when there are no bids on the item... so it is less common than it otherwise might be... and any seller planning to operate that way runs the risk of a single early bid forcing them to honour their low shipping cost if no other bids are ever placed.

It is one reason that some snipers recommend a low bid on items that have none, as well as the actual snipe... another is to get an unacceptable 'By It Now' option removed from the listing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.