Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Names for groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Names for groups Reply with quote

It would be great if you could name groups - so you don't have to remember which group is for which. Also it would be good if you could sort the items by group.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both, it has been proposed before, I just never got to it. Naming... not sure if I ever will, I hate the idea of having another database table just to save group names. Sorting would definitely be useful.
Kristen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Groups using Names Reply with quote

Do you need a database table? I'm thinking : add a Group Name column (similar to the Group Number) to the Snipe row. Display picklist of "Group Names Used on Existing Snipes" and another field for "new group name", so the list is dynamic for auctions which already have snipe bids. Once all auctions have finished then the user would have to type a new name

There are collectors items that I want to bid on and it was difficult using numeric groups - have to keep checking back to see which group number was used for which item ... if Names were available I could just type the name of the thing I want to buy instead Smile

If you have AJAX capability you could just have a single INPUT field but with a predictive text picklist (which queries the actually-used Group Names)
Autothrottle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Group Names Reply with quote

Group naming would definitely make life easier. It would save looking through my list of snipes to see that I select the correct group. Not normally an issue, but with three or four separate groups running concurrently, it can be a pain.

Sorting would be very helpful - especially if there were a gap between each group. It would also help to alleviate the naming issue, as all groups would be clearly separated, and the relevant group could more easily be selected for a snipe.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Group Names

Kristen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to this, it would be nice to be able to choose Contingency type of Group bid. I have a separate post as I got into a muddle trying my first contingency group bid, but it did occur to me that having Contingency as a per-user setting precludes being able to have a mix of Normal / Contingency groups at the same time.

I'd still like Group Names too please Wink
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristen,

I won't comment on the naming part of your post as it adds support to the main theme of the thread, which I always encourage if people see ideas they like but have not gained enough support for Mario to implement them.

It is this part I have difficulty with:

Quote:
precludes being able to have a mix of Normal / Contingency groups at the same time.

since it is currently possible to have a mix of Contingency and Normal Groups active at the same time... Once Contingency Groups are enabled on the Settings page both appear in the drop down list that is available when setting up each snipe.

Is this misconception perhaps related to the issue you also refer to in your post?... I will need to search the forum and see if I can find and comment on that separately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.