Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

conditional bidding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adirtymindisajoyforever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: conditional bidding Reply with quote

hi,

I's like to bid on an item just in case I already won another one. Is this possible?

regards
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you might be served by the 'Contingency' bidding mechanism.

In a Contingency Group all the rest of the bids are cancelled after you loose one of the items... so, in other words, if you keep winning it keeps sniping, but if you loose any it stops.

Contingency Groups have to be enabled on your Gixen Settings page before you are able to select them from the drop down list.

If this is not your requirement please explain in more detail what requirements you are wanting to meet.
adirtymindisajoyforever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: conditional bidding Reply with quote

if the number of items is 2 it is exactly what I want, but not when more are involved.

E.g: there are 3 items A, B and C
I only wanna bid on B and C if I won A.
When I won A and it comes to C, it doesn't matter when I won B or not,
I wanna bid.

The reason: shipping costs. A is worth paying the full fee but C, D... are not.
But when I won A the cost for B, C.. are only additional costs, most of the time
much lower.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with you... that has always been the operation I thought contingency groups should have.

Mario does not wish to change the operation as he believes there may be users that prefer it the way it is... To my knowledge, none has ever posted that view on this forum though.

Yours is the primary use case that people quote... the others are when the auctions represent things that go together in some way, say the shoes and tiara that match the dress bid on in the first instance... in those cases the operation you suggest is also preferable.

Of course there is no way that any software could guarantee winning all the items after the first is won, and the first must still be paid for even if none of the rest are won... that has always been the aspect that users need to consider most carefully when embarking on a potential buying spree of this kind.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also down with this, mostly due to shipping costs.

I'd like to bid for B, but only if I win A.

Could that be possible?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Gixen mirror subscribers have access to this feature that has to be enabled from the settings page. It's called contingency groups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.