Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My theory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hendo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: My theory Reply with quote

My theory is that snipes start failing whenever gixen needs money. If that's the case just drop the "free" claim because I think you're pushing premium subscriptions behind the scenes
hendo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case in point...already in January I've had more failed snipes than I did probably all of last year excluding that really bad stretch. Did Gixen run the numbers for 2014 and find out the bottom line wasn't what they'd hoped? I'm guessing so
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hendo,

I'm actually quite offended that you would suggest that.

Below is the correspondence with the facility that hosts Gixen main (datashack).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Subject: Facility down?
To: Support Department <support@datashack.net>

Hi,

I can't access any of my servers. Is your facility down?

Mario.

Date: Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM
Subject: [#673130] Facility down?
To: support@gixen.com

We are aware of the issue And are working towards a solution as quickly as possible

Date: Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Subject: [#673130] Facility down?
To: support@gixen.com

We believe that the issue has been resolved, if you are still unable to access your server, please reply to this ticket.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hendo,

If the bottom line were an issue, who here would think that degrading the service was a way to improve it?

We constantly see messages stating that members would be happy to pay more than they currently do for this service... So an increase in price would be the logical way to go if there were any type of funding issue, wouldn't it?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject:

Ramona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pushing premium subscriptions" - for a service which costs US$6 a year? What planet are you on?
mymojo79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramona wrote:
"Pushing premium subscriptions" - for a service which costs US$6 a year? What planet are you on?

My thoughts exactly. I go in stretches where I hardly use Gixen at all since I'm not eBaying constantly. I just recently renewed my subscription for the ridiculous price of $6 for a year. It is cheap enough I don't even want to bother to try the "Gixen chunks" of time to extend the subscription.
ALWAYSSNIPING

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: HO HUM HENDO - ANOTHER TALE OF \"WOE\" Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Very difficult to take this seriously Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Me thinks another sniping service masquerading as a disgruntled customer, because WHY NOT ASK MARIO FIRST?
In the many, many years I have successfully sniped using Gixen, on the very few times I have asked a question Mario's response was quick and to the point.
I am a mirror subscriber, both snipe servers set to 3 seconds, sniping many items every day and the ONLY time I have not won is because my bid was too low.
So my conclusion is - SOUR GRAPES
Shocked Shocked
THANKS SO MUCH MARIO Very Happy Very Happy
Flame Troll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, go easy on Hendo, he's from a third world country where six dollars a year is a lot of money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.